This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  imported_gcamp 14 years ago.

• Author

Hedin
    Participant

Compiled well.
    Crashes after choosing to start a game (any)
    Says: something about a Assert in LadscapeObjects.cpp, line 33.
    Commented out that line. The game starts and camers begins to move. The window notifies that we need 1 more player. When I press ok, it crashes and says:

SGSGSGSGSGSGSGSGSGSGSGSGSGSGSGSGSGSGSGSGMS File : Failed to load MS file “data/tanks/bm13/bm13-2.txt”
    MS File : Failed to load MS file “data/tanks/bradley2/bradley2.txt”
    Fatal signal: Segmentation Fault (SDL Parachute Deployed)
    SGSGSGSGSGSGSGSGSGSGSGSGSGSG

those files are in place! whats the problem then?

imported_gcamp
    Participant

I take it you have compiled from the Unix source.
    Have you done a make install yet?

The default unix binary has the installation path encoded into it at compile time. To run the game perform a make install, and then run scorched from /usr/local/games/scorched3d. Or change the install dir using configure –prefix.

DeVice
    Participant

This may also be related to the non-english LANG setting problem i discussed in the FreeBSD topic.

Do you have LANG set ? If so, try to run the game using the command LANG=”” scorched3d from a terminal window, and see if that helps.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Yeah you are correct, failed to notice that point in your last message. I changed LC_NUMERIC under my solaris box and it crashes in the same place!

I am going to put a setlocale(LC_ALL, “C”) into the main, unless you think that will cause problems.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

or should that be a setlocale(LC_ALL, “”) ??

DeVice
    Participant

If i understand what the man page for setlocale() says, setlocale(LC_ALL, “C”) would not change the default behaviour ?

Reckon i have no idea on how to fix that problem on the code side 🙂

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Yeah the man page is a bit difficult to understand.

I tried setlocale(LC_ALL, “”) and it did not work, just left it the same.
    However setlocale(LC_ALL, “C”) does work (for me at least) and I have put that into scorched and into CVS.

I forget how long sourceforge takes to update its public CVS, but it will be available soon.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Cool, its stuff like that that I would never find. Since I don’t change my language very often :).

Thanks for all the help device.
    I am also in the process of applying your BSD patch so it should be in CVS soon.

Hedin
    Participant

The LANG issue helped, thank you!
    But
    1) why should it be clued to “/usr/local/games”? If I install it to another dir it wont work?
    2) the sound is a bit later then the action =( what’s the problem can be?

DeVice
    Participant

My pleasure .

Question on windows building : i plan on building my own windows scorched3d exec. from CVS too.
    Any reason MSVC 6 could not be used to build it (i don’t have access to a MSVC .NET currently) ? Anyone tried it already ?

Apologises for the topic hijackin’ 😳

imported_gcamp
    Participant

The project started off life as a visualc 6 project so it should build fine.
    The only problem you may have is some of the included libraries have been built using .net, but I don’t think that will be a problem.

Let me know if you have any issues.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.