This topic contains 9 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  That guy 5 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

That guy
    Participant

If you look at the pic below you can see that the player and weapon are gone while the shots are taking place, for my first request I would like to know if the same could be done for the wind and plan views? IMO it would be more visually pleasing and better to capture video while the action is taking place if all four were to vanish instead of just the two.
    For my second request I would like to see if the text area, in the pic below that says “Water1 killed DireWolf with a sandhog be moved to the top of the screen, with multiple players being killed it takes up a good portion of the screen, I feel that would be minimized if it was moved up.
    I know there is an option to turn the wind and plan off but I would have to do that for every shot to be able to see the wind speed and direction.
    I feel it would look better while the action is taking place, also would give a better view for me to record the action.

Thank you for the consideration and a place to be able to request such a thing.

That*Dire*soup*Wolf*Guy

[attachment=0:13sgsjuy]Image1.jpg[/attachment:13sgsjuy]

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I would like to see both things implented too!

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Yeah pop it in the tracker so gav can look at it, here:

http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/mantisbt/my_view_page.php

Armor

imported_gcamp
    Participant

A little hardcore but you can make all of those changes in the windows.xml file.
    scorched/data/globalmods/none/data/windows.xml.

For example you can change :

Plan
    all

to

Plan
    playing

to remove the plan/wind windows while the shots are playing.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

and if you dont want to mess with that, you can always film in the spectator mode, though I bet you wanna play. 😉

Armor

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

and if you dont want to mess with that, you can always film in the spectator mode, though I bet you wanna play. 😉

Armor

There is also a key binding to remove all of the screen windows.
    Is it alt-z by default? something like that.

That guy
    Participant

Gave the windows.xml, I believe I did everything right, the snapshot shows the plan and wind have been changed accordingly and above that shows im in the right place, but it still the same, if you see anything I did wrong or have any ideas lemme know, no hurry if you get a chance. thank you

Dire

[attachment=0:2h8czwfm]wind plan.PNG[/attachment:2h8czwfm]

imported_gcamp
    Participant

There a file for each mod, which mod are you playing?

That guy
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Boy do I feel foolish!!! 😳

I will look again and change for all mods and main, then check it out, thanks again 😳

That*Dire*soup*Wolf*guy

Thrax
    Participant

@That guy wrote:

@gcamp wrote:

I will look again and change for all mods and main, then check it out, thanks again 😳

That*Dire*soup*Wolf*guy

Yah…. that’s not gonna stay fixed if you alter the mods files. It reverts to the authors way once you rejoin our servers..

You want them for shooting.. but don’t want them for filming.

But if all you are trying to do is take the plan and wind displays off, then just press
    thier toggle buttons. they’re made to click off and on same as the shot-cam window.

Or.. you could just learn to play without them..

That guy
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

@That guy wrote:

@gcamp wrote:

That*Dire*soup*Wolf*guy

Yah…. that’s not gonna stay fixed if you alter the mods files. It reverts to the authors way once you rejoin our servers..

You want them for shooting.. but don’t want them for filming.

But if all you are trying to do is take the plan and wind displays off, then just press
    thier toggle buttons. they’re made to click off and on same as the shot-cam window.

Or.. you could just learn to play without them..

I decided to just go ahead and film with them on since that did,nt work, I would use the hot key but after setting up the shot, making sure my chutes are on, getting the camera angle set for the best shot, using the hot key gets a little too much in the time allotted, and as far as playing without them!!!! your a funny guy, I suck enough as it is 😳
    No worries, it was just a suggestion, me making videos is something I do for fun and it is not that big of a deal if the wind and plan are there, it does sometimes tend to get in the way, But because I do it for fun I can work around it, the text in the middle of the screen is more annoying then the Plan views but still, not that big of a deal.
    Thanks for the advice though, it is always appreciated 😀
    I am just glad Gavin did not give up on the game due to a lack of players!
    I did not realize how much I missed playing this game and the players who play it!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.