This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Metal Slug Mario 10 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

mecha mario
    Participant

it seems as though whenver i play scorcheds main server after a while my monitor gets funkied:) and the graphics driver stops working i am running an interl r graphics driver ive tried updating and everythin stil messes up thi shas only startedhappening though after i updated drivers any ideas?

Irishbandit
    Participant

Did you upgrade the drivers from intel or from microsoft?

cbx550f
    Participant

Laptop?

If so – that’s happened to me too. It took a bit before I realized I was overheating the chip. Make sure the vents are clear of dust, and that you aren’t blocking the airflow with your leg or something. (The main intake on mine is cleverly placed where your leg will perfectly block it when it’s on your lap)

If not – open the box and check for excessive dust, and that fan(s) are operating.

JiNx
    Participant

cough save money wear chutes cough cough

BOY
    Participant

@jinx wrote:

cough save money wear chutes cough cough

no no no, its save money, don’t wear chutes 😛

If the dust doesnt do it, cool the room you’re in. Or play in a room without any heat. In the summer, you’re screwed, unless you have a ground source heat pump, or are independently wealthy. I guess you could play at the coffee shop always, but they can be warm. THe grocery store is always cool.

Got it, play at a Starbucks AT the grocery store!

if all fails, reduce settings, the…. revert drivers. 🙁

mecha mario
    Participant

weird all of u actually are wrong (including jinx::))
    ok heres wat intels error says

These types of errors indicate that the operating system has determined that the graphics driver was taking too long for an operation to complete and that the driver appears to have stopped responding. To the operating system, it appears as though the graphics driver may be stuck in an infinite loop. This sort of error only occurs in Microsoft* Windows.

so i thought hm.. infinite lopp wat in this game lopps near infinetly turns out its the waves in thins game i tried turning off all things that had todowith the waves and it worked so maybe that should be fixed?

cbx550f
    Participant

@mecha mario wrote:

weird all of u actually are wrong (including jinx::))
    ok heres wat intels error says

These types of errors indicate that the operating system has determined that the graphics driver was taking too long for an operation to complete and that the driver appears to have stopped responding. To the operating system, it appears as though the graphics driver may be stuck in an infinite loop. This sort of error only occurs in Microsoft* Windows.

so i thought hm.. infinite lopp wat in this game lopps near infinetly turns out its the waves in thins game i tried turning off all things that had todowith the waves and it worked so maybe that should be fixed?

You never mentioned an error message before. 😉

Only thing I can think of off the top of my head in the game that’s an “infinite loop” is the game. 😉

Have you tried reverting to an older driver?

Metal Slug Mario
    Participant

no… might need to.., problem came back

the”actual” error message states that the ilarnant5 drive has stopped functioning

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.