This topic contains 61 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 12 years ago.

• Author

Ebonite
    Participant

My handicap idea has already been outlined…

HWB
    Participant

When I was a noob I played with all players. I had no idea how to play the game. I was getting killed all the time but my game mind wouldn’t let me stop till I won a game. Apache was great for giving me hints. Other players too were so helpful. I can see why we have a noobs server. Mostly because of the in and outs of the game are a lot. And I am sure Apache got tired of teaching everybody To Use Chutes.

My point is Let the noobs have their own server. But when they learn how to kill released them to the pros. They will nvr know what they can do on the pro till they play with unnoobs.

comedown
    Participant

Wouldn’t it be a lot easier to limit game wins?

After, say, 10-20 game wins under their belt on the beginners server, a player is not allowed to win any more than one game per day* there.

If he does, then he will be automatically kicked and will be blocked from entering the server again for 24 hours.

This would prevent people from intentionally harassing newbies constantly, but would still allow the pros to play there and hand out hints and tips – just as long as they don’t try to win. πŸ˜‰

* Winning when you didn’t mean to do so isn’t all that common, but occasionally it can happen. Allowing one game win per day would give pros a little headroom, so that they’re not blocked from the server for a whole day just because they accidentally won too many rounds.

Opinions?

BOY
    Participant

thats alright but it still offers the noobs no fun for one whole game per day for as many pros that want that want to play a game that day.

It wont do anything, pros will just be taking turns kicking noobs asses. πŸ˜•

one note on a health or money handicap of some kind. pros with new id will have alot of fun whooping everyone, especially other pros who are sticking with the handicap

one more thing, although i voted for kills per game to be limited…
    I actually realize now that in addition to this, round wins per game must be limited, otherwise the so loved dirt or shield and run tactic is gonna be a great past time.

I actually think now that i would change my vote to limit overall kills.

cbx550f
    Participant

I just want to go on record as being against, and FIRMLY against a limit or handicap or whatever on the “beginner’s” server. Admittedly, I have not read this entire thread (there’s gotten to be too much stuff in this forum for me to read it all ;)), but I’ll outline my reasons below:

1. A friend of mine is likely going to start playing soon – should he and I not be allowed to play together? He won’t have an awful lot of time to play, and likely would take quite a long time to get to 50 kills, and thus he would likely lose interest if we could not play together.
    2. As many have said, who wants to sit on an empty server waiting for others?
    3. If we invoked 20% of the “rules and regulations” that get discussed in the forums, we’d have more rules than I have at work, and I work for the military.
    4. I naturally dislike too many rules and complications. After all, it’s a GAME, one which I truly enjoy, but if it gets complicated, the enjoyment starts to go out of it.
    5. Too many rules are bad.
    6. When I started playing I suffered a major butt kicking – as I did in any other game I have ever played online. But, I had fun, and kept playing.
    7. See points 3-5.

Add to this the fact that any of the rules or limits can not possibly be enforced, and as far as I’m concerned, the whole idea of limits becomes moot. f.e. If I wanted to have a game or two, but was not allowed to play on the beg. server, I might wait a while on the “main” server, but sooner or later I’d get bored and use a different ID and join the beginner’s server. Yes, I would.

I just want to play the game – I love it. Last night the main server emptied out, and I, for the first time ever, played on the beginner’s server for a while. Does that make me a bad man? Should I have kicked myself out of the game? All I know is that I was glad it was there to have a game.

I’m starting to wonder that, if the main server is empty too much, should we maybe just go back to one server? Was that so bad?

Honestly, I think there’s a big deal made out of something that’s not a big dealΒΉ.

cbx

ΒΉ Don’t sweat petty things, and don’t pet sweaty things.

mandy
    Participant

as everyone knows, cause i said it over and over and over and over again, i am against a limit at beginners server as well.

i have played in the beginners server many times, playing hard, playing easy, explaining, showing as well as teaching beginners. it was fun for me and i believe even for them. they were thankful that somebody showed them *some tricks*.

i am happy to see that someone has same opinion as i am. for a while i thought i am the only one who thinks like that.

i dont have a friend or anything, but we are *mostly* all adults. i want to make my own choice where i want to play, as long as noone of us is overdoing it.
    players who will *overdo* it, you always have them. ALWAYS.
    whereever you go in life. THATS LIFE.

Let players make there own choice. let beginners deal with it. we all were beginners at one time and DEALT with pros. that was always like that and it always will be.

Just let it go the way it is.
    you will have players always argue about how it is now, the same as when you will change it.

so please leave it the way it is.

mandy

apache64d
    Participant

Looks like most (14) want a limit of some kind and 7 don’t. Looks like ppl want some kind of change.
    Mandy, as u know, all this stated BECAUSE of ppl complaining about pro’s that come to beginnners and “abuses” them and get 30 kills per game, instead of giving them a some kind of chance…. the “came to us” with those complains because they needed help with dealing with those pro’s.

mandy
    Participant

hey thats not fair!

14 vs 7 no no no

then my 7 count double cause they were hard work!!!

or give me places where player can vote too so it does count double

this is not fair, this is not fair

mandy

BOY
    Participant

Really you are both right.

As pointed out by willis privately some time ago, this poll is not necessarily a definite cause for one particullar action, but it is helpful. Gavin and admin do not necessarily have to go by this polls results, but we dont poll this stuff unless its important to listen to what people think.

Naturally with the several options this cannot be difinitive opinion unless there is a majority vote for ONE option.

In any case it is an opinion poll and as such is for information only.

Mandy you are quite persuasive, no votes for two weeks and I ask for some votes to be recruited and you go and get them to your side, I admire that alot, you are a true contender. πŸ˜‰
    Congratulations you might not have a mjority but the results are so screwed up now that this poll is probably no longer useful. Perhaps if we knew how many of the handicap votes would pick either of the other choices we could decide what people want.

apache get some more votes for the limit! πŸ˜›

barnabas
    Participant

I’d like to say that cbx and mandy have me convinced. I’m changing my vote to “No Limit”. I believe I voted for the max kills per game. I’m now a “No Limit” vote.

mandy
    Participant

i knew you would say that boy ….

BOY
    Participant

NOTED ….
    barny, I would be remiss if i did not point out a few things.

mandy and cbx are both administrators, and as such would be exempt from any resrictions.

there is no way to stop all the “what if’s” ie. what if i want to double log.. etc etc…

Now to respond to cbx ..

A friend of mine is likely going to start playing soon – should he and I not be allowed to play together? He won’t have an awful lot of time to play, and likely would take quite a long time to get to 50 kills, and thus he would likely lose interest if we could not play together.

so what should we do? allow alot of players to lose interest for the sake of a few? Why not play together on another server? – especially since he cannot play often

As many have said, who wants to sit on an empty server waiting for others?

As it is, this is going to happen no matter what, servers just get empty sometimes. A limit would increase the number of players and reduce the wait time for a game to start on the main server, would it not?

If we invoked 20% of the “rules and regulations” that get discussed in the forums, we’d have more rules than I have at work, and I work for the military.

I also work for the military so i know this is a silly exaggeration πŸ˜€

I naturally dislike too many rules and complications. After all, it’s a GAME, one which I truly enjoy, but if it gets complicated, the enjoyment starts to go out of it.

THis discussion may be long, but is it really all that complicated?

Too many rules are bad.

no rules are bad

When I started playing I suffered a major butt kicking – as I did in any other game I have ever played online. But, I had fun, and kept playing.

ahh, to be a noob again, that would be nice! **ponders** **shrugs** nothing smart to say to that one, but err, what’s the point here?

to mandy

Ya, we all got to learn,
    Would it be better to get some easy practice and learn the basics then go to main and deal with REAL pro’s who will teach you. or is it better to get players that dont teach you and “overdo it” and never get a real game?
    Do you really want the noobs to think the real pro’s are like the players that “overdo it”

what should be done about players that “overdo it” like MOKE? should we let players like him go to beginners whenever they want and have their fun so we dont have to deal with them on main server. ???

cbx550f
    Participant

Since everything I say is, apparently, moot, there’s no point in pursuing this conversation.

cbx out

mandy
    Participant

boy u wrote:

Ya, we all got to learn,
    Would it be better to get some easy practice and learn the basics then go to main and deal with REAL pro’s who will teach you. or is it better to get players that dont teach you and “overdo it” and never get a real game?
    Do you really want the noobs to think the real pro’s are like the players that “overdo it”

what should be done about players that “overdo it” like MOKE? should we let players like him go to beginners whenever they want and have their fun so we dont have to deal with them on main server. ???

well some of us need longer to learn. i prefer to learn the hard way!

you talk about maybe 5 players who actually overdo it, right now i can even think of just one (zebulon and he aint there too often anymore, actually i did not see him in a while).

I dont believe that beginners think that pro’s are all bad. i were in too many games (also with apache) on the beginners server, where i believe, we actually helped beginners. i did talk to a lot players who do the same. we dont just go there to kill noobs, we also teach.

I never really got to know MOKE (r?). i believe we have and had worst players then him in game as far as i can tell. we agreed with their behavior and their actions. we let and still let them do what they want. it dont matter, if i go to beginners to deal with them, or if i am already at main server, to deal with them there.

this has nothing to do with a limit on beginners or not.

but nice try to change subjects

i am going to take away my own vote also, i agree with cbx there is no reason for me to keep trying for no limit in beginners any longer.

mandy

BOY
    Participant

why quit now, you are nearly done to get the results you want πŸ™‚

dont blame me for loving to argue πŸ˜›

Seriously, it is not changing subjects, my idea is that a restriction will make it more difficult for players to abuse the noobs, not impossible but harder.

I will probably lock this topic tomorrow.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 63 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.