This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Reactorfighter 13 years, 6 months ago.

• Author

Reactorfighter
    Participant

Hy again! This new version RULEZ! Me and my friendz all love it in Hungary! Gavin, you did such a great work! But there are still modifications, which are needed to invest. I hope you’ll do it somehow in the next version.
    – Save the game in single player mode. It’s not so difficult for the program to create a .SAV file or whatever. The old Scorched Earth was able to.
    – I agree with a former visitor. Stormy weather and comets would be great for a hostile environment.
    – I would put a .WAV file, which results wind blow-sounds, birds, water sweep etc. I could easily create such .WAV file, but I dunno how to tell the program to play it under a battle.
    – A Team deathmatch and/or Tournament mode should be added in single player mode, when the game is being played at schools or clubs etc.
    – The Tank fuel is such useless, cuz the tanks has very little movement area. I would make it possible for the tanks to climb lighter slopes, or roam down on hillsides.

I think, that is all for a beginning. Answer, guys, if you agree!
    Despite these requirements, the Scorched3D is GREAT! It’s excellent for your soul, when your girlfriend left you! Trust me, and try it 😉

Reactorfighter
    Participant

Oh, sorry for writing about Team deathmatch mode…it’s already in the game 🙂 Silly me!

But Gavin! Is there ANY way to maximize the play window? After the former Scorched3D, it’s a bit annoying, because if the map is minimized, the distances, the measures of the land are also minimized…this may stir up some shit.

The BOTs’ skills are great! It’s well upgraded, I like it so much!
    “Here lies BOTplayer, the battlefield duke, who accidently swallowed a nuke” :)))

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@reactorfighter wrote:

– Save the game in single player mode. It’s not so difficult for the program to create a .SAV file or whatever. The old Scorched Earth was able to.

It was actualy difficult but a save option is in the next version 🙂

– I agree with a former visitor. Stormy weather and comets would be great for a hostile environment.

Just give me time.

– I would put a .WAV file, which results wind blow-sounds, birds, water sweep etc. I could easily create such .WAV file, but I dunno how to tell the program to play it under a battle.

If anyone has sound effects let me have them and I will try to add them.

– A Team deathmatch and/or Tournament mode should be added in single player mode, when the game is being played at schools or clubs etc.

As you say, this has been done.

– The Tank fuel is such useless, cuz the tanks has very little movement area. I would make it possible for the tanks to climb lighter slopes, or roam down on hillsides.

Yes, the slope limit is a bit bad. I will try to fix this.

But Gavin! Is there ANY way to maximize the play window? After the former Scorched3D, it’s a bit annoying, because if the map is minimized, the distances, the measures of the land are also minimized…this may stir up some shit.

Sorry, I dont understand what you mean.
    What play window?
    What distances/measures of land?

Reactorfighter
    Participant

Uh-oh 🙂 I meant that my Scorched3D appears in a window, not in full screen. And I can’t raise it to full screen. I dunno why…the “maximize window” option is inoperative. I also tried CTRL+ENTER but the game still is in a medium-sized window.

The measures of the land? You know…when you play in full-screen mode, the distances seems to be longer than playing in windowed mode. For example: The shot with 576 power might be a same distance in full-screen and windowed mode, but “veteran” players often get confused, when they need to play in windowed mode. So when the playfield “shrinks”, you need to get used to it…and it’s a bit difficult.

The sound effects. Well-well-well, I can easily create various environment sounds (sea waves, birds-chatting, lightning storm sound effects, wind blow, and much more!). It’s as easy as 1 2 3… The problem is: If I save it to a WAV file, it becomes quite large. I could convert it to MP3 easily, but still, it’s too big to send it in e-mail. I have no websites to load up these environment sounds, but throught MSN messenger, this could be possible. If you agree, and co-operate with me for a period of time, I could support you with several environment sounds (100% virus-free). Just tell me what you require.

Oh, and I forgot to mention again: This game ROCKS! God DAMN it, you guys did a great job!!! My girlfriend left me, and after a couple of games, I felt like a million bucks 🙂 Yes sir, this game surely helps your problems! (This was an advertisment 😉 )

Deathstryker
    Participant

Have you tried making your .WAVs a lower quality? The current ones are set at 11,025 frequency, 16 bits per sample and are mono giving it a 176kbps data rate. If you can’t change the quality with whatever software you are using, you can change it just using the Save As window on Window’s Sound Recorder.

Reactorfighter
    Participant

Hm. You know, that is a really good point of wiev. The 16 is OK (this is the optimal), somehow, I will lower the frequency. But still, WAV files are quite big, I don’t know how to shrink their size. Don’t worry, I wouldn’t create 11-minutes long environments sound (I planned the longest to 3 minutes), because as you can expect, the Scorched3D would play them periodicly.
    I already created new explosion sounds for the game, it appears to be good.

Well, I will try then to decrease the quality of WAV files to lower their size, but I doubt how useful can it be. Thanks for the advice anyway, I’m working on it!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.