This topic contains 10 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  parasti 8 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

parasti
    Participant

So sometimes somebody comes up with a neat idea that seems like it would be pretty easy to add, except nobody’s doing it. One such idea was the ability to sort items by price in the buy window. These last few days I didn’t really have anything else to do, so I spent them digging through the code, and now I’ve got a few patches prepared against the latest code in SVN, one of which adds that ability. I’ve published them as a Git repo at http://repo.or.cz/w/scorched3d/parasti.git, but I’m also posting links to the raw patches that can probably be fed to “patch -p1 < file.patch": GCC 4.3 compatibility (old problem, apparently still not fixed)
    Extend accessory sorting to allow sorting by price (applied)

I suppose I should mention this is pretty much my first experience with C++ specifically and Scorched3D source code, so be prepared that this code might make you (or your computer) want to throw up a bit.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi Parasti:

Nice job!

It’s really great to see a submission. I remain hopeful.

The spirit of open source lives!

Best wishes,

Rommel

Thrax
    Participant

It shouldn’t be too much trouble for him to pop this into the source in progress.

Rather than have players try to patch it themselves, it’s always best if
    the game comes with all these features off the shelf. That way it’s easier
    to support them when they find a bug.

Thanks Parasti, I’d been mulling over whether to add that to mine manually, or
    have gavin add it. He’s getting close to cutting off the line of changes soon,
    in order to consider a workable beta before we all grow ZZ-Top beards.

parasti
    Participant

@thrax wrote:

It shouldn’t be too much trouble for him to pop this into the source in progress.

Yeah, that’s actually why I used the SVN code rather than 41.3. I honestly don’t expect anybody to commit the unmodified patch to the repo in a heartbeat, but I hope it’s enough to at least get the ball rolling, one way or another.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Thanks Dude looks like some good work, I’ll add it to the repository when I get into work tomorrow (my memory allowing 🙂 ).

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Funny I had just menitoned to Thrax the other day that sort by price would be an awesome feature!

Thrax
    Participant

@pastor of muppets wrote:

Funny I had just menitoned to Thrax the other day that
    sort by price would be an awesome feature!

It’s been mentioned and discussed a few times over the year.. just nothing
    done about it due to lack of importance.

Not all servers would have a need for that, since the weapons only take up
    a short scroll-bar.. But for those that do, it is very handy indeed.

parasti
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Thanks Dude looks like some good work, I’ll add it to the repository when I get into work tomorrow (my memory allowing 🙂 ).

That’s great. I’ll let you know when it starts to feel like nothing is happening.

parasti
    Participant

I see the sort-by-price patch has been committed to the repo. I’ve updated the top post accordingly. Thanks!

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Yeah I am not sure about the compiler fix, I’d need to re-test all of the unix/windows compilation and I am not sure I have time for that this release.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Oh and the sorting fix was great BTW, didn’t need to change a thing after review.

parasti
    Participant

Glad to read that. As for the GCC 4.3 patch, I’m not particularly confident that I did it the right way, but it only adds a few headers (so no harm done if I messed up somewhere) and the game does fail to compile without it. But I’m sure distro packagers will take care of it even if you decide to hold off until after the release.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.