This topic contains 4 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  ArmorWraith 6 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

NAKED
    Participant

Hello mod squad,

I’ve thought up a few ideas for mods. Not sure if they are even implementable but maybe they could spur some ideas that are. These settings/weapons could be used altogether or separate..or whatever.

Settings for an expert mod-

Disable A button (auto aim)- Even a no-wind shot would be much more difficult to line up at any kind of distance.

Disable wind force icon- You would have to make your own best guess at what the wind force is through trial and error.

Enable tank to shoot below parallel- This would allow 1000 power sniper shots from the top of a hill as well as lasers. You also couldn’t take the aim stopping at zero degrees for granted.

Weapons-

Tank cloak- You are invisible to your opponent. They would have to watch where the fire is comming from. This could be used with fuel. You would see your tank as see-through or ghost-like.

Tank anti-cloak- You would fire this weapon at an opponent with a cloak. This weapon would spread out like a death’s head. If it struck the cloaked opponent, it would disable the cloak for the rest of the round.

Tank hovercraft- Like fuel, only you would click on a specific point in the air. This might be possible by directing a dot to the point you want using the arrow keys. The further you want to go, the more fuel you use. Imagine hiding behind stalagmites in the cave map.

Tank grow- This weapon could spread out like a death’s head as well.If you hit your opponent, their tank would grow to…three? times it’s size making it easier to hit.

Tank shrink- Enable this weapon like you would a shield. It would shrink your tank by…half? making it harder to hit.

Run-over kill- You would run over your opponent and kill them, but you better have a shield or it would kill you as well. Suicide attack!

Extra-heavy laser- A one shot kill laser, neon green in color maybe? A last chance hope for the doomed. Make it expensive.

Cell text weapon- This weapon would send a text to your cell phone posing as your girlfriend. The text would say that she knows you are playing Scorched and to quit and call her. Knowing there are far reaching consequences by putting Scorched before her, you would disconnect immediately allowing your opponent to win the game.

The NAKED bot- A bot named (AI) NAKED. This bot would be neon green and mute you if you cussed at it. And watch out!…this bot shoots dirt and sandhogs. This bot would also occasionally brag about winning two stats series and being far ahead in a third and utter phrases such as…

As you can see, I have nothing to be ashamed of…

You can’t handle the dirt!

and…

For the last time, I am not Rommel!

This concludes my presentation. Thank you for your time.

NAKED

Thrax
    Participant

@naked wrote:

Hello mod squad,
    I’ve thought up a few ideas for mods. Not sure if they are even implementable
    but maybe they could spur some ideas that are. These settings/weapons could
    be used altogether or separate..or whatever.

Settings for an expert mod-

Disable A button (auto aim)- Even a no-wind shot would be much more difficult
    to line up at any kind of distance.

Like. I rarely use it, even for laser/rail sniping, but i’m sure others still do.

Disable wind force icon- You would have to make your own best guess at what
    the wind force is through trial and error.

Evil, i like it. Reduce first-shot per round kills, while players tested the breeze first.
    And, while I am also mildly evil, I would only use the random-wind-per-shot on
    as light a breeze as possibe..

Enable tank to shoot below parallel- This would allow 1000 power sniper shots
    from the top of a hill as well as lasers. You also couldn’t take the aim stopping
    at zero degrees for granted.

This had been added as a Bend on lasers in a mod long ago, but having at least
    a -20 elevation capacity would throw terrible shivers into most of my targets.
    Might be something we can persue in a release someday.

-Weapons-

Tank cloak-
    You are invisible to your opponent. They would have to watch where the fire is
    comming from. This could be used with fuel. You would see your tank as see-
    through or ghost-like.

Tank anti-cloak-
    You would fire this weapon at an opponent with a cloak. This weapon would
    spread out like a death’s head. If it struck the cloaked opponent, it would
    disable the cloak for the rest of the round.

I’m pretty sure a pile of dirt and a tiny flag saying ” I’m not under here! ” would suffice.. no? 😀

This has been prodded a few times by other players, and would be interesting.
    Those watching the maps like a hawk would see the muzzle-blasts; but to
    most, it would be a perfect cloak.

I would also be curious to explore it someday.

Tank hovercraft- Like fuel, only you would click on a specific point in the air.
    This might be possible by directing a dot to the point you want using the arrow
    keys. The further you want to go, the more fuel you use. Imagine hiding behind
    stalagmites in the cave map.

I like. A No-Falling tag on Players, and my Para-Port accessory would
    accomplish this exactly as you say. Since many pro Modders also target sky
    and environment targets, hitting a target that is drifting isn’t as hard for a
    select few of us 😀

Tank grow- This weapon could spread out like a death’s head as well.If you hit
    your opponent, their tank would grow to…three? times it’s size making it easier
    to hit.

Tank shrink- Enable this weapon like you would a shield. It would shrink your
    tank by…half? making it harder to hit.

Run-over kill- You would run over your opponent and kill them, but you better
    have a shield or it would kill you as well. Suicide attack!

Interesting idea.. Since many models are well designed, it’s almost a waste of
    the art-work that they are soo small.
    I do beleive it wouldn’t be very hard to change a tanks size. it’s set in the
    code as a pre-determined impact boundry. Increasing or decreasing this seems
    possible. And funny as hell.. 😀

Extra-heavy laser- A one shot kill laser, neon green in color maybe? A last
    chance hope for the doomed. Make it expensive.

You’re kidding… Right? You must live in a sand-filled cave if you’ve been truely
    believing that there are only 2 lasers in existance.. regular and Heavy…

Dude.. With a skilled craftsman.. we can make lasers Dance!..
    They can Flood a map with warming light, Bend around corners, perform Sabre
    duels, and yes… Even Melt off a shield without harming the meaty treat inside.

” can it kill a target?” .. Sigh.. that’s almost like saying.. can a toaster toast?..

Cell text weapon- This weapon would send a text to your cell phone posing as
    your girlfriend. The text would say that she knows you are playing Scorched
    and to quit and call her. Knowing there are far reaching consequences by
    putting Scorched before her, you would disconnect immediately allowing your
    opponent to win the game.

This one could certianly back-fire on you..
    Those of us with Significant others who are out romping with a 3rd significant
    other.. would not be fooled what-so-ever.. 😀

The NAKED bot- A bot named (AI) NAKED. This bot would be neon green and
    mute you if you cussed at it. And watch out!…this bot shoots dirt and
    sandhogs. This bot would also occasionally brag about winning two stats series
    and being far ahead in a third and utter phrases such as…

As you can see, I have nothing to be ashamed of…

You can’t handle the dirt!

and…

For the last time, I am not Rommel!

I believe this already exists.. Search your Bot Classes in solo mode..

You’ll fine it under the lable “Moron”… 😛

This concludes my presentation. Thank you for your time.

NAKED

NAKED
    Participant

😆 ROFL! 😆

NAKED
    Participant

Hi Thrax,

Ok, I just stopped laughing now.

Glad to hear you liked some of my ideas.

So that’s a no to immortalizing me as a bot in cyberspace?

NAKED

Thrax
    Participant

@naked wrote:

Hi Thrax,

Ok, I just stopped laughing now.

Glad to hear you liked some of my ideas.

So that’s a no to immortalizing me as a bot in cyberspace?

NAKED

well, 2 reasons why it may not go as planned. Functional ones.. not
    personal ones.

A bot-Name is chosen randomly as a bot is added or removed. so it
    wouldn’t always link to the ai-structure it’s designed for.

The Ai-structure for the bot could be created, armed, and taught to do
    exactly that. But only if the author was willing to alter the mod-code to
    do it.. Mains Default mod will not likely be redone that way. It would be
    too radical a change for others to accept.

In Merge, I have often added Spoofs of player’s names as an honarary
    reward for long-time Fame or attendance. Eventually, it could apply to
    those currently visible. Who knows when yours may appear. 😀

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@naked wrote:

Disable wind force icon- You would have to make your own best guess at what the wind force is through trial and error.

Hmmm I may do this for my mod, may upset the spamming of missiles. 😀

Armor

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.