This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jdog 10 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Bobirov
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

small update, this maybe a bug but I can’t get a leapfrog weapon to leave a box behind, (non-explosion) with out using a small delay between the box and the leap.

My guess is the projectile is colliding with the target as soon as it is placed, so you need a small delay to make sure the leap frog is clear of the target area. Just my thoughts on what is happening there.

Bobirov
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

And is it just me, or is that lower blue one flipping the bird at Rob!??!

Figures, Taz is always giving me the finger and drooling on me. Oh man, did that ever came out bad. 😛

Panther30
    Participant

@bobirov wrote:

@cbx550f wrote:

And is it just me, or is that lower blue one flipping the bird at Rob!??!

Figures, Taz is always giving me the finger and drooling on me. Oh man, did that ever came out bad. 😛

yes. very bad…..

@ jdawg: what about curious george?

jdog
    Participant

@panther30 wrote:

@ jdawg: what about curious george?

I don’t think he was ever shoved into a barrel and lunched out of a cannon before.

Any model of him would probably be too detailed with a high poly count to use. Besides cartoonish would probably be better for this.

jdog
    Participant

Just looking at adding the small random jump for the crazy monkey and realized that there is no easy way to use three choices in a leap frog for each jump without expanding the code too much.

For the first jump it has three choices.
    (Total of 3 paths)
    For the second jump, each one has three choices.
    (Total of 9 paths)
    For the third jump, each has 3 choices.
    (total of 27 paths)
    For the forth jump each has 3 choices
    (Total of 81 paths)
    For the fifth jump each has 3 choices.
    Total of 243 paths

Each choice has 81 paths to follow!

I’m starting to wonder if I’m gone crazy for want to make this weapon like this but I don’t see any easier way to use a weaponleapfrog with changing bounces and weaponrandom.

jdog
    Participant

Bump-o-matic for the monkeys!

cbx550f
    Participant

To save some typing, maybe you you could make the different bounces accessories, then use weaponrandom to reference them…

Small consolation, I know, but there should be ways to do this easier by the time 41 comes out.

jdog
    Participant

Noticed something odd the other day while tweaking this. Tanks where being killed by the refernce weapon used in the Gun monkey or the bomb explosion left by the bomb monkey.

Are target’s remove action weapon suposed to be whats shown when someone is destoried by it?

Also, anyone have a sound like the barrel sound used in Donkey Kong Country for the SNES? The one when you come out of the barrel after losing a life. Its a sound like a wooden barrel breaking.

Untill I can get a nice model (CBX is really busy(no rush on this)) I’m thinking of using the monkey face that comes with blender.

Viewing 8 posts - 16 through 23 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.