This topic contains 21 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  jdog 10 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

jdog
    Participant

I’m trying to decide on what it should do

A.) Act like Panther30’s weapon Panther Horde

B.) Act like Panther30’s weapon Panther Army

C.) Cause never ending destruction by spawning another one each time
      the last one is destroyed.

D.) Power Ups

E.) Destruction and power up

F.) Post Other ideas.

SHACK
    Participant

I love the panther horde wep

cbx550f
    Participant

First, I must apologize, as I do not know what Panther’s weaps are like (I really need to play mods more lol), so I cannot comment on those.

Second, in keeping with my general theme (you know it, Boy!), I picked the “Other” option.
    Here’s why:
    You mentioned this the other day (and I still think it should be the “Barrell O Monkeys” 😉 ), and I picture much oddness. 😉

I LOVE the name of the weapon! I makes me invision an infinite number of monkeys doing an infinite number of goofy things.
    Tone that down to a finite number of monkeys, and have them fire random weaps (or leave random goodies?), and that’s how I vision it, from the name 😉

HWB
    Participant

I vote F. All the above. I liked CBX thought about the random of the said barrel of monkeys. Power up-yes, destruction-yes, and fun-heck yes. I can’t wait till I hear the wav for it.

Also….Like Chopper’s Trunk Monkey one of the things that can happen would be a monkey flying out like CBX infilator throwing wrenches at near by tanks.

jdog
    Participant

So far i’m thinking of three or four types of monkies come out of the barrel(s) .

Helpful monkey(monkey with a present or maybe a box), doesn’t travel far and leaves boxs as it jumps.

Killer monkey(has gun), stops and fires after each jump

Crazy monkey(carries a bomb), leaves a bomb after each jump and explodes on last jump.

Random Monkey(carries a question mark), could do anthing!

InductiveOne
    Participant

You should pull a cbx and put your face on one of the monkey’s, if not I’ll donate my face haha.

cbx550f
    Participant

@inductiveone wrote:

You should pull a cbx and put your face on one of the monkey’s, if not I’ll donate my face haha.

I’ll give you $5.00 if you don’t. 😛

jdog
    Participant

The code for this weapon is going to look like something bob wrote.

jdog
    Participant

Just a few little things… I was thinking about using the gorrila model for the “monkey”(and for some reason I can’t spell monkey on the first try..) but it is , hmmmmmm strange to work with and not what I want.

I’m in need a low, low triangle count monkey.

I’m using the Last Chance weapon for the remove action on the monkey crates (which may just be a banana.)

-edit-
    small update, this maybe a bug but I can’t get a leapfrog weapon to leave a box behind, (non-explosion) with out using a small delay between the box and the leap.

a banana
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

I’m using the Last Chance weapon for the remove action on the monkey crates (which may just be a banana.)

Whoot! Can’t wait to get “a banana killed xxx with a banana” 😆

jdog
    Participant

@a banana wrote:

@jdog wrote:

Whoot! Can’t wait to get “a banana killed xxx with a banana” 😆

Nope you’ll see that you got killed by “A Barrel of Monkeys”

a banana
    Participant

Well, rats. At the very least I can just hope the mighty fruit lords give me the chance to throw more bananans around…

cbx550f
    Participant

I’ll try to work on a monkey for you this week – I’ve been meaning to do that anyway. 😉

I was thinking about a “cartoon-like” monkey, but, for this, maybe a monkey with the “S” arms (like from a barrel o’ monkeys) would be better?

This also reminds me…. I was meaning (about year ago) to make a “Sack of Squirrels” and a “Bag of Beagles” for Scavenger…. hmmmmm 😉

jdog
    Participant

@cbx550f wrote:

I’ll try to work on a monkey for you this week – I’ve been meaning to do that anyway. 😉

I was thinking about a “cartoon-like” monkey, but, for this, maybe a monkey with the “S” arms (like from a barrel o’ monkeys) would be better?

Each monkey is going to be holding something, a bomb, a box, a question mark, a “gun”(probably going to get it from another model). So I need a way to place the items I’ve made into the monkey “hands”.

@cbx550f wrote:

This also reminds me…. I was meaning (about year ago) to make a “Sack of Squirrels” and a “Bag of Beagles” for Scavenger…. hmmmmm 😉

You could always do a Monkey In The Middle weapon now.

cbx550f
    Participant

Heh – not long after making my last post to this thread, a friend popped over……

I got some odd looks when they noticed the following on my screen:

😀

And is it just me, or is that lower blue one flipping the bird at Rob!??!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 23 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.