This topic contains 38 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Loss 5 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

AAAhhhhh, there are people playing atm (5 of them) and I still crashed 🙁

Life sucks!

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Not a ‘Crash’ but certainly a bug!

Running on Windows 8 CP atm (thought I’d se if I can run Scorch on this as my 7 stopping my fun).

The first round … everything fine.

Next round, I noticed in the buy phase that I couldn’t see my tank, although it was marked on the minimap. once I’d done the buy bit … no aiming reticle. Quite annoying.

And now in the 3rd round, got the same problem.

Possibly a Windows 8 thing, it’s pretty crap (WHQL Nvidia drivers for windows 8), but 🙁

After gettting soo close to finishing the stat series in 1st, now I can’t even play properly 🙁

My life sux!

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Yeah, noticed this on my laptop… restart seemed to fix it, but i only played a couple rounds. Thought it was my gfx card dying.

Armor

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Ok peanuts (and others).

I’ve made a debug version of the client so we can debug your issues. Sorry it took so long was trying to figure out the best way to do it. Here is a zip file that contains a debug version of the client, and a registry setting file for windows.

If you double click on the crashDump.reg file (registry settings file) it will tell windows to create small dump files for programs that crash. I can use these dump files to see why its crashing on your machine. The dump files are created in c:windowstemp (you’ll need to edit the crashDump.reg file if windows is in a different location).

So the idea is this:
    1) use the crashDump.reg file.
    2) Copy the new scorchedc.exe binary in place of the existing binary
    3) run scorched3d as normal (the titile of the client will now say debug) (it may run slower using this debug version)
    4) If scorched3d crashes
    5) there should be a dump file in the c:windowstemp directory which you can zip and send to me.

Let me know how you get on, if this works it could save us a whole bunch of time (and fix a whole load of bugs).

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Ok peanuts (and others).

I’ve made a debug version of the client so we can debug your issues. Sorry it took so long was trying to figure out the best way to do it. Here is a zip file that contains a debug version of the client, and a registry setting file for windows.

If you double click on the crashDump.reg file (registry settings file) it will tell windows to create small dump files for programs that crash. I can use these dump files to see why its crashing on your machine. The dump files are created in c:windowstemp (you’ll need to edit the crashDump.reg file if windows is in a different location).

So the idea is this:
    1) use the crashDump.reg file.
    2) Copy the new scorchedc.exe binary in place of the existing binary
    3) run scorched3d as normal (the titile of the client will now say debug) (it may run slower using this debug version)
    4) If scorched3d crashes
    5) there should be a dump file in the c:windowstemp directory which you can zip and send to me.

Let me know how you get on, if this works it could save us a whole bunch of time (and fix a whole load of bugs).

Scorched cannot run because MSVCP100D.dll is missing.

From what I’ve seen, this is because of C++ not being installed. However it is installed on this system (x86 and x64) due to a requirement of some other software i’ve recently installed.

😐

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Thanks for the new report, here is another debug version see how you get on with that.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/scorched3d/files/scorched3d/Version%2043.3/Scorchedc-43.3b-debug2.zip/download

Andrey_S
    Participant

Hi again. Another crash after loading AWE mod (just during first “tada” sounds)…

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Thanks for the new report, here is another debug version see how you get on with that.
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/scorched3d/files/scorched3d/Version%2043.3/Scorchedc-43.3b-debug2.zip/download

Good news and bad.

Was able to play a full game against bots in newb server, but there’s still a massive bug.
    I’m unable to remember to turn chutes on or shields! Can you resolve that too please 😀

Thrax
    Participant

@andrey_s wrote:

Hi again. Another crash after loading AWE mod (just during first “tada” sounds)…

This is a mod-file error, not an engine error. It appears that AW has triggered an error
    that i came across while redoing Swars.

After respecifying all his tank models to match one of his 3 Types of tank, He was left
    with one “TankType” unassigned. The ‘none’ type.

AW.
    If you wish to proceed with this sorting method similar to Swars, you will either have
    to make one default tank not assigned to a ‘Type’, or comment out the tanktype ‘none’.

eg.

<!–
    none
    The Common Man among us.

–>

Players..
    This is a returning feature seldom used in average mods. It was first seen in
    Operation Scorched when Bobirov created 4 types of soldier classes to choose from.

There is one minor thing to take note of when playing these sorted tank styles of Mod.
    At first, you may see a BLANK list of tanks to choose from besides the possible ‘Random’
    icon.

Players Must choose one of the tank Classes or Types from the far Right selector.
    After choosing one of the Classes, the list will populate with a group of tanks filling
    that requirement.
    Do not be alarmed when no tanks appear. Do not run away from the mod
    thinking it’s broken.. This is not a Bug… it’s a Feature.

Loss
    Participant

I get kicked back to main menu during game quite often. No error message.

Viewing 10 posts - 31 through 40 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.