This topic contains 38 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Loss 5 years, 2 months ago.

• Author

acme_pjz
    Participant

But when I join official beginner server it’s OK, after joinning official server I joined my own server and it doesn’t crash, weird… if I quit the game, restarts the game and join my server, it crashes again…

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Thanks acme_pjz, can you please post your display.xml and your server.xml file and I’ll give it a shot here.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Crashed repeatedly today on my laptop, several tries. Begginers server. Not sure whats causing it, it crashed at several points while joining. Events, loading map, even had the gui up at one point, then crash..

Armor

Andrey_S
    Participant

Sorry, for repeating my previous post, but I still have no crashes. Played couple rounds at Main – everything is ok. Several games at Beginners – it’s OK too. (Saw Armor’s Crashes actually). Mate Tlon tried to play first time today and I hardly could tell him about new .exe file because he crashed every time he joined Beginners server. But then everything was OK and we played without any damned crashes.

acme_pjz
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Thanks acme_pjz, can you please post your display.xml and your server.xml file and I’ll give it a shot here.

OK, here you are [attachment=0:18b2q945]config.zip[/attachment:18b2q945]

And if it’s not too hard I’d like to make a debug build and try to debug it…

imported_gcamp
    Participant

And if it’s not too hard I’d like to make a debug build and try to debug it…

Wow that would be great.
    Compiling on windows is a breeze, just download/get source, install VC and then compile.
    http://www.scorched3d.co.uk/wiki/index.php/Compiling_in_Windows_v42

I’ll also see if I can reproduce given the files you attach.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Thanks for the files, think I found that bug. Put another binary for you to try here:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/scorched3d/files/scorched3d/Version%2043.3/Scorchedc-43.3b.zip/download

acme_pjz
    Participant

The new 43.3b binary file doesn’t crash anymore, I tried to connect my server and it works, tried mod “apoc” and “awe” 😀 Thanks for the bug fix

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Thanks for the files, think I found that bug. Put another binary for you to try here:
    http://sourceforge.net/projects/scorched3d/files/scorched3d/Version%2043.3/Scorchedc-43.3b.zip/download

🙁

Just got all excited, jumped on newb server, initially all seemed good until it loaded in the level proper to play and….
    Death!
    noooooooooo.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Thanks PeanutsRevenge,

Going to ask a silly question just to check, you are running the “b” version now?
    Can I get your display.xml file please and I’ll see if I can find the bug.

regards,
    Gavin

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Yep, I launched again just to make sure it’s the ‘b’ (I run windowed so easy).

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Can’t see anything obvious. May need to give you a debug version if that’s ok.
    I’ve fixed a few things that should be out there so I’ll put a new release out soon.

Panther30
    Participant

guess i should have run a game myself instead of just setting up a server without connecting to it…
    Maybe i jumped the gun on compiling 43.3 without actually trying to connect and play a game?

Andrey_S
    Participant

Oh.. Just had a crash during the game at the beginners server…

attached screenshot..

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@andrey_s wrote:

Oh.. Just had a crash during the game at the beginners server…

attached screenshot..

That’s a hell of a crash, all ya fonts are screwed up aswell dude. You need to get that looked @ 😉

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.