This topic contains 38 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Loss 5 years, 4 months ago.

• Author

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

It’s probably help GC if we list our specs, settings and the type of crash. If there’s a common theme, maybe the cause will be easier to diagnose.

I’ll start.

Windows 7 64
    AMD/ATI 6850
    Default game settings, having deleted the .scorched3d directory

The crash occurred loading a level, the game window froze, and I had the game’s own error message reporting that it’d terminated unexpectedly.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

Windows 7 x64
    Nvidia GTS 250 SLI’d (not tried disabling yet). v285.79
    Highest possible and ‘safe settings’.

Sometimes I can load in, then it’ll crash or it’ll crash the instant it’s loaded.
    Logs just show finished loading. They’re useless.

I’ve not done any proper debug/diag yet.

I tried single player once and it loaded in fine, but that was before I realised multiplayer sometimes loads.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

Andrey_s crashed once or twice today as well. We werent sure wether it was his computer or the release.

(I havent crashed yet, Win 7 x64)

Armor

ArmorWraith
    Participant

@armorwraith wrote:

Andrey_s crashed once or twice today as well. We werent sure wether it was his computer or the release.

(I havent crashed yet or during the beta, Win 7 x64)

Armor

Andrey_S
    Participant

As I mentioned, I crashed during half times of connections these few days. Actually, the first time I connected it was a crash. It happens during level loading, as Laptop said.

I played at crappiest Intel P4 1.6GHz, MB i845ITE812, SDRAM 256 MB 😯 GPU Nvidia GF2 MX/MX 400, XP

Tanks details high, effects – medium, texture – small. Everything except “draw water” and “draw water breakers” switched off. No GL extensions, no cube map, no sphere map. No dynamic lightning, without sky animated, with single sky layer, without detailed textures and with no percipitation.

Earlier such crashes happened only at Blame Canada server, even with 4Gb RAM, WIn7 x64, AMD

Hope it will help, cause these crashes are really annoying.

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

i killed myself a few times in beginners to see if it’d do it again. here’s a screenshot:
    [attachment=0:14m9y1km]crashscreenshot.png[/attachment:14m9y1km]

Tom.K
    Participant

No crashes here, Win 7 x86 @ Low quality settings (Tanks are high quality, effects medium, texture low), all performance improvements are enabled. GPU: ATI

Edit: Crash on Normal Quality on Win XP SP3, some other PC, not mine. GPU: nVIDIA

imported_gcamp
    Participant

So mostly seems to be related to loading or just after loading levels?
    Can you remember what mod was being played on the server at the time, and was this a fresh instance of S3D or had you used the same one to connect to other servers?

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

For me, it was mostly JUST after loading, by a couple of seconds tops (so doesn’t show in log), but once or twice I had it mid game (was playing, only speccing).

Been crap with running diag. Will try harder this week.

Andrey_S
    Participant

In my cases it’s relates to loading.. But today, I started the game, but left it cause of some serious business 😆 So, I left it at main menu, and when I came back after 1 hour, the game was crashed… I think, it’s smth new …

P. S. Hope, the proplem with crashes would be solved, because it upsets me much …

Chopper
    Participant

Mine crashed a time or two at first and I thought oh crap, then been running smoother than I’ve ever had it run since.
    Go figure. #-o
    hP G71 laptop-win7- 64 bit – Intel core duo T6600 – 2.20 gz – intel on board graphics (always been a prob w/scorch) – 4 gig ram
    running wireless N on cable connection.

acme_pjz
    Participant

Windows XP SP3 32-bit, CPU Inter Core 2 Duo P7450, video card NVidia 9300M GS, memory 2GB.

Start my own server, and it (almost always) crashes after loading level. When it crashes the minimap is displayed but the whole map isn’t. Tried mod “apoc” and “awe”.Tried single player 3 times, all succeed. Tried connect to official server 2 times, succeed one and failed one. One time after successfully connected official server, I quit to the main menu and connected to my server and it succeed. Then the server starts new game, it succeed too. I noticed that these two maps are all no water. But the single player map has water and it doesn’t crash the game.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Thanks for the reports.
    I’ve been running a test setup here for a few days now (both lan and wan). Automatically connecting and disconecting at two minute intervals.

I found a couple of bugs which may be affecting people. I’ve put a zip of the main client exe (not an installer) on the download site with the hope that someone with frequent crashes can tell me if it helps/stops them.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/scorched3d/files/scorched3d/Version%2043.3/Scorchedc-43.3a.zip/download

Andrey_S
    Participant

Well, I’m that someone with frequent crashes, and I started to play with new .exe today. No crashes aftrer couple games (earlier crashes happened every game) at the Beginners server. Hope everything is fixed and at Main would be perfect too…

acme_pjz
    Participant

Unfortunately, it still crashes (when I join my own server which plays “apoc” mod) and here is the screenshot:

[attachment=0:1wm3b5y0]screenshot.jpg[/attachment:1wm3b5y0]

Sorry for the Chinese characters in the error message…

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.