This topic contains 7 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Shotzo 11 years ago.

• Author

SHACK
    Participant

Why is only one host using this version? Is it a aproved version?

Shotzo
    Participant

I’m hosting it.

It’s not approved; I just merely changed a compiler constant to show that it’s running a different software version than others. Sorry for the confusion.

Oh and no, there *isn’t* any malicious code I put in. That’s just plain evil…

On the bright side, they allow me to develop better AI algorithms for the bots…. (Not exactly one of my top priorities though.. It’s RIGHT under playing scorched3d.)

Deathstryker
    Participant

Wouldn’t it make more sense if you named it something a little less unofficial to avoid confusion with the official versions?

That way we don’t have to worry about people seeing it and scrambling around trying to find this version.

Shotzo
    Participant

What could I name it that’s version-numbery-sounding and is less than 5 characters?

And do you realize that to change anything on a server that’s not in an .xml file requires shutting them *all* down for the duration of the compiling process?

Deathstryker
    Participant

@shotzo wrote:

What could I name it that’s version-numbery-sounding and is less than 5 characters?

I don’t know much about programming but wouldn’t it be possible to just throw the word “Unofficial” or something like that in the build name?

@shotzo wrote:

And do you realize that to change anything on a server that’s not in an .xml file requires shutting them *all* down for the duration of the compiling process?

Yes I realize that but even the official servers must go through this from time to time.

Shotzo
    Participant

I’ll just wait until a server crashes or something else happens before the number changes from 40.1e to … 40.1d =P

SHACK
    Participant

Do you even have people on them?If you dont, whats holding you back from restarting them?

The only one I ever see people on is the “BIG Server”.

BOY
    Participant

the servers are all part of his vendetta against thrax I presume.

I would certainly agree that the version should change to something that appears different than Gavins versions.

how about 40.1d.s01

this displays the official version which was altered and a number for shotzo’s build sequence. This might avoid confusion.

I’d personally like to see some of the servers dissapear, the server list is too long.

Shotzo
    Participant

Actually, I get people on all my servers…

raptor, merge, n’ apoc. Now I even have people on my ‘experimental’ server..

And I’ve decided to change the version number from 40.1e to e40d1 =)

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.