This topic contains 30 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  HumanBean 8 years, 9 months ago.

• Author

Stil8
    Participant

In exactly 4 years from now, it will be Dec 21,2012 (the most talked about date on the net).

On that fateful day, the Earth aligns with the sun and the center of the galaxy, an event which is said won’t happen for thousands of years afterwards.

The Mayans’ calendar (most accurate in the world) ends on that day. Due to that, many superstitions predict the end of the world, even though the Mayans
    never actually stated that. (they only predict the entrance of another cycle, which doesn’t necessarily have to result in an apocalypse)

I have three possible things that could happen:
    1. Looking at the economic state now, 2012 seems like a good year for the last country to accept Communism (assuming every other country has) as its government style (I am not talking about USSR/China/Cuba communism, but pure, Marxist communism) [-o< [-o< 2. Einstein’s prediction of pole shift on Earth comes true, due to the alignment, or the scientifically predicted pole shift of the sun. Depending on the rate at which the poles shift, this could cause a simple change in climate, or doom. 😈 3. Absolutely nothing happens, and humans finally learn that they are nothing significant, and cannot predict the future, even with science. So what are your predictions/comments? =P~

Acid22
    Participant

1. Never happen.

2. Possibly…………but probably not.

3. Most likely.

4. There is’nt a 4.

5. I will be 42 years old………assuming I survive that long.

bazzz
    Participant

What we think will happen in 4 years is irrelevant, all complex life will be destroyed by a meteor next week.Only a few cave dwelling crab and fish species will survive and recolonise the surface, to eventually evolve in an intelligent species of crab people that will colonise a large part of the universe, but this will take another 461 million years.

Thats whats going to happen.

BigBear
    Participant

1. Not gonna happen. Not in 4 years, not in 4,000,000 years (a bit of a bold statement but hey we are dealing with outrageous predictions here are we not?!). The true communism that you talk about is a theoretic construct and defies human nature. It is impossible to implement and it is questionable whether that many that would be interested even if it was.
    2. I am not privy to such things, but naaaah I don’t think so.
    3. Most likely yes, but humanity will learn nothing from it in terms of stopping to try to predict the future. There will be new predictions, guesses and theories as it always has and always will be.

Stil8
    Participant

@bigbear wrote:

The true communism that you talk about is a theoretic construct and defies human nature. It is impossible to implement…

Who said anything about implementation? I agree that communism isn’t something you can ‘force’ on people like Stalin and Lenin did, but if people choose to turn to the ways of the commies, what is to stop them?

Also, humans have a reputation of trying to defy/mess with nature anyways (stopping/accelerating global warming, chemical/nuclear weapons, DNA alteration of food, cloning,etc…).

Furthermore, I don’t think computers, TVs and plastic were meant to be part of human nature, and yet many people like them and use them every day.
    So if some objects no animal has seen before can become an important aspect of human life, so can a ‘theoretic construct’.

Simply put, Communism eliminates classes (rich/poor,peasant/middle/upper),makes everyone equal in labor and profit and minimizes, if not eliminates chances of alienation…
    Who in their right mind wouldn’t be interested in that?

The day humans actually follow their nature is the day the sun starts orbiting around the Earth.

comedown
    Participant

@Stil^^8 wrote:

On that fateful day, the Earth aligns with the sun and the center of the galaxy, an event which is said won’t happen for thousands of years afterwards.

Said by who? And what does this mean?

– [sun here] – [earth here] all in a straight line?

Has anyone ever sent something outside of the galaxy which is capable of determining where the center is or is it just a “theory”? (I really don’t know)

@Stil^^8 wrote:

The Mayans’ calendar (most accurate in the world) ends on that day.

Most accurate in what sense? How does anyone know the supposed end of that calendar matches up with that day if the calendars are different and ours isn’t even accurate in the first place? And says who? (Again I really don’t know)

@Stil^^8 wrote:

Due to that, many superstitions predict the end of the world, even though the Mayans
    never actually stated that.

Which/whose superstitions? How many is “many”? Also, “the end of the world” is a really vague thing to predict. I know you have a list of things after this but are they what the many superstitions predict or what you predict/conclude based on their premise?

@Stil^^8 wrote:

(they only predict the entrance of another cycle, which doesn’t necessarily have to result in an apocalypse)

Isn’t that a bit like saying when a westerner looks at his calendar on the 31st of december and then says “it’s the 1st of january tomorrow” that he is predicting a new cycle? He’s not “predicting” anything, he’s acknowledging that it’s time for him to start counting from the beginning again on a chart that he himself put up on his own wall. Why so mystical?

@Stil^^8 wrote:

I have three possible things that could happen:
    1. Looking at the economic state now, 2012 seems like a good year for the last country to accept Communism (assuming every other country has) as its government style (I am not talking about USSR/China/Cuba communism, but pure, Marxist communism) [-o< [-o<

And we can all have the freedom to say 2 + 2 = 5 while we work for someone else’s benefit without the possibility of increasing our own lot in life, instead of continuing to work for someone else’s benefit with the possibility of increasing our own lot in life. Good times! =D>

@Stil^^8 wrote:

2. Einstein’s prediction of pole shift on Earth comes true, due to the alignment, or the scientifically predicted pole shift of the sun. Depending on the rate at which the poles shift, this could cause a simple change in climate, or doom. 😈

I just hope I don’t have to pick up any fridge magnets off the floor or anything like that.

@Stil^^8 wrote:

3. Absolutely nothing happens, and humans finally learn that they are nothing significant, and cannot predict the future, even with science.

Or maybe they’ll realise science has nothing to do with it and that people just like to tell tales. But then, the only ones who don’t know that already are the ones who like to be told tales rather than tell them. #-o

@Stil^^8 wrote:

So what are your predictions/comments? =P~

I predict book sales, DVD sales, a little panic-buying, a topic for the media and advertising companies to get a few miles out of for a while, disbelief, belief, unbelievers, believers, T-shirts, mockery, a new world odor, the second coming of Lord Akira, alien invasion hoaxes and other such manipulative scaremongering in the name of good upstanding white judaeo-christian shepherdry and profiteering for a better day after tomorrow. The future is now!

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

@comedown wrote:

I predict book sales, DVD sales, a little panic-buying, a topic for the media and advertising companies to get a few miles out of for a while, disbelief, belief, unbelievers, believers, T-shirts, mockery, a new world odor, the second coming of Lord Akira, alien invasion hoaxes and other such manipulative scaremongering in the name of good upstanding white judaeo-christian shepherdry and profiteering for a better day after tomorrow. The future is now!

i love it : )

@comedown wrote:

@Stil^^8 wrote:

Said by who? And what does this mean?

– [sun here] – [earth here] all in a straight line?

Has anyone ever sent something outside of the galaxy which is capable of determining where the center is or is it just a “theory”? (I really don’t know)

i think (s)hes talking about the ‘shiva hypothesis’. http://www.springerlink.com/content/j0204x4768353r20/

‘course, religious groups of all kinds have been predicting ‘end times’ for centuries, i hear we’re due for a good apocalypse. its hard to get at the specifics of any paritcular brand of ‘fear my wrath’. theres a lot of crossover.

from what i gather of the ancient mayans, most of the talk of advanced science is hype.

this is interesting though: http://paranormal.about.com/library/weekly/aa080700a.htm. hard to gauge its validity without refs.

comedown
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

i love it : )

i think (s)hes talking about the ‘shiva hypothesis’. http://www.springerlink.com/content/j0204x4768353r20/

‘course, religious groups of all kinds have been predicting ‘end times’ for centuries, i hear we’re due for a good apocalypse. its hard to get at the specifics of any paritcular brand of ‘fear my wrath’. theres a lot of crossover.

Here’s a fun one!
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kalki

Yes, this one would be a blast. I’m putting my money it, and as a bonus it completely and without question supports my previous predictions so if I win it’ll be a two-fer-one.

http://www.imeem.com/people/gDDwlEn/video/bF3mjWSo/lordakira_lordakira_movies_video/

Come on 2012, it’s on its way. :D/

Chopper
    Participant

This kinda sounds like the year 2000 end-of-the-world as we know it BS…..#1 and #2…nah. #3….I just hope Im around to see it..lemme see by Dec 08 I’ll be 58… 2012 I’ll be 62…..WHOA…I CAN GET SOCIAL SECURITY (maybe)…stay on line all day and be Numero UNO!

Lookout bastages.yer future is predicted! 😈

bazzz
    Participant

The total cost of the work done in preparation for Y2K is estimated at over 300 billion US dollars.

It was good for business and with a slogan “update your system or we all die” how could it not be, maybe the y2k12 scare will fix the economy by the explosive sales of alignment proof pyramid bunkers and the mass hoarding of canned food.

All we need is a catchy slogan to scare us all to death. 😆

Rommel
    Participant

Summer is a fable.
    The colorful fall, a distant memory.
    The sky is low and gray.
    Winter howls at the door.

Patrick McGoohan died on Tuesday, January 13 at the age of 80. He might have had the answers you seek.

Click here.

Having early in his career deprived himself of an annuity by passing on Bond (and “The Saint,” whose Roger Moore became Bond), he more recently turned down both the roles of Gandalf in “The Lord of the Rings” and Dumbledore in the Harry Potter films. This might have been for reasons of health, as has been reported, but I prefer to think of him once again exercising his right to be perverse: “I am not a wizard,” he might well have said, “I am a free man.” – ROBERT LLOYD – Los Angles Times

Be careful what you say or you’ll give yourself away.

Rommel

Stil8
    Participant

@bazzz wrote:

All we need is a catchy slogan to scare us all to death. 😆

Does this satisfy you:
    Snowball Earth is near,
    and all will quiver with fear,
    save us all from demise,
    and release all your carbon into the skies!

[-o< [-o< Let us pray that people listen!

Rommel
    Participant

Four years from now … A vision of things to come

The war crimes tribunals will be under way in Nuremberg with Germany and Japan sitting in judgement over the war crimes of the United States and Israel.

Life can be funny like that sometimes.

Since the people claimed to be in charge of their respective governments, they are the ones on trial this time, not just the leaders and the soldiers.

After the majority of both populations have been lawfully executed for the atrocities they allowed, the people of the remaining “free” nations, will have a compelling reason to rise up in opposition to mad men instead of wishing them well and looking the other way while the bodies of the innocent burn.

The Langoliers are coming!

Stil8
    Participant

And now, prepare yourselves for the ultimate predictions of apocalypse:
    http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm

Apocalyptic scenarios such as robot takeover, world wide Black Plague comeback pandemic, a second sun entering our solar system and more scenarios of life-ending actions by nature! 😈 😯 ❗

bazzz
    Participant

And now, prepare yourselves for the ultimate predictions of apocalypse:
    http://www.exitmundi.nl/exitmundi.htm

Interesting ,there are some unlikely events there but most of them are in this video about what could happen to end the world , it talks about the most likely events without the outlandish theories, it not only gives the problem but also the solution.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.