This topic contains 6 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  JimmyDean 12 years, 5 months ago.

• Author

JimmyDean
    Participant

Hi,

Great work! You have truly revived a classic. I enjoyed playing Scorched Earth as a kid and can see myself wasting many more hours with Scorched3D.

I noticed the Slackware package posted in the FILES area is a bit out of date. I have a Slackware package for version 38.1b if you are interested.

Thanks!

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@jimmydean wrote:

Hi,

Great work! You have truly revived a classic. I enjoyed playing Scorched Earth as a kid and can see myself wasting many more hours with Scorched3D.

I noticed the Slackware package posted in the FILES area is a bit out of date. I have a Slackware package for version 38.1b if you are interested.

Thanks!

Yes please 🙂 Could you post a link and I will upload it.

DireWolf
    Participant

I dont mean to sound as ignorant as I really am but…..
    What is slackware?

cbx550f
    Participant

Slackware’s a Linux distribution – a “brand” of Linux. 🙂

Cheers

JimmyDean
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Yes please 🙂 Could you post a link and I will upload it.

Sure! But I’m not sure how long I can keep the link up. 🙁

http://mattweidner.sytes.net/Scorched3D-38.1b-i386-1mw.tgz

Enjoy!

DireWolf
    Participant

I dont have Linux, but would be more than happy to provide storage and a link for people to download.

here ya go
    http://app1.docusync.com/clientsite/getfile.aspx?LinkId=548&Key=PPDMLKLLMPIPJLEKBTPYJJDWLOOPHPBMILEYMSJQPPIPJYDU

Deathstryker
    Participant

Also, make sure you come back when new versions come out. I don’t believe we have anybody here that regularly visits that uses Slackware that can supply us with it, except for you.

It’s help out a lot.

JimmyDean
    Participant

Hey no problem. I’ll be back from time to time. I’d be happy to supply Slackware packages.

One minor correction on the download page… The extension for the package filename should be .tgz for Slackware’s package mangement tools to recognize it. Otherwise those who download it will need to rename it before installing.

Thanks!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.