This topic contains 22 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  hobbesme 12 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

BOY
    Participant

Thanks for the screenshots Gavin

I tend to make many down the barrel shots, i’d say 75% of the time i check this view before shooting. Would it be possible to make the damn red thing sit at a user defined height? or perhaps lower the point of origin of the missle so that it corresponds to, say, the avg height of an artillery or tank model (excluding pee wee models)

Sadly though, if you do change any more settings i am sure i (and many of us) will be used to these by then and we might be set me back for a day or two. 😛 I admire your effort to get it closer to real though. It really is better, even if not easier to use yet

One last but possibly dumb question, did the height of tye view actually change to correspond to the red indicator’s new height (ie does the turret view center on the tip of the indicator, or did the indicator move alone?)

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@boy wrote:

One last but possibly dumb question, did the height of tye view actually change to correspond to the red indicator’s new height (ie does the turret view center on the tip of the indicator, or did the indicator move alone?)

Only the sight moved. Not the view. Perhaps that is part of the problem.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Ok just to show what a nice guy I am, I have made a windows patch for people that like the old POV:-

http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/scorched3d/Scorched3D-38.1-povfix.zip?download

When running the game a new option should appear in the HUD menu (press “i” while playing a game). This option allows the old POV settings to be used.

Willis
    Participant

Thanks gavin, arguments end people can choose 😀

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

Thank you thank you thank you!!!!

Gavin!!!!!

Wheeeeee! you’re so cool for doing that for us!

Apollo

A Moogle
    Participant

Cool!
    It works now, w00t! (It’s the ‘good’ POV/sight!!)(Thanks!!)

Kupo! (I gotta go now before I accidentally cast Firaga on someone 😛 )

gray
    Participant

Gavin, does the view point of the POV depend on the tank height? If so then that explains the awkwardness of the new POV bar. Right now when I switch to that point of view the sight takes up a lot of visual space, and requires me to adjust very high as mentioned before. Just curious because I am stuck with the new one.

cbx550f
    Participant

I’ve been whining about the new POV on occasion in games – it was giving me troubles getting “headshots” (My name for 1000 power low angle shots), and also found I was cbxing more, as Willis pointed out. I kept meaning to read up here on it, but never thought of it when I wasn’t in a game. 😉

Gavin, thanks for the good explanation of it! Willis had recommended that I get the patch to go back to the old one, and I was planning on it, but after your explantion (and pictures), I’ll stick with the new one.
    I still have a bit of trouble with it sometimes, but now, knowing how it works, I think it should be better than the old one. I guess the thing I need remember is not to pay any attention to the gun itself (Which I usually don’t anyway, but I’m sure it has an impact). “cbx, let go. Use the POV, cbx!”

Cheers!

cbx

hobbesme
    Participant

I still have a rant about V38 POV — not with the tank firing aspect POV, but the shot camera POV & rollers :

@hobbesme wrote:

From V38.1 Rants & Review, Rants Section, #3 :

Shot camera does NOT follow rollers underwater as for V37.x.

Can underwater roller camera behavior be reverted back to V37.x style? This is helpful to follow the path of rollers & see how you need to correct your aim for underwater rolling rollers.

V37’s shot camera POV that followed rollers underwater was perfect. The camera followed behind the roller missile while in the air; & followed the rollers while rolling on ground above water; & when the rollers went underwater the camera automatically moved underwater to continue following the rollers. This camera behavior was perfect.

V38 shot camera follows the roller missile & rollers while above ground, but once the rollers move underwater, the camera backs off to the aerial overview camera. The player must manually & quickly move the camera to view the rollers underwater.

Can the V37 shot camera POV behavior be added back for V38.2? Or added as an option to enable at the very least?

Thank you any consideration of this request.

Viewing 9 posts - 16 through 24 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.