This topic contains 98 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 12 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

BOY
    Participant

The idea of tank damage from water is inherently bad , mass quantities of players will not be able to recover from this damage and the stratagy of trying to sink others into water will just be…. well, aweful, painful to watch, and use.

MAIN PROBLEM. no longer would a player be allowed to remain in the water in a helpless state and get any round wins. THey could just be left to die. PLUS If I kill you to 10 health, I dont want the water to take my kill

If water does damage to tanks, it must also decrease the effectivness of weapons. Everone knows that nuclear devices do different damage under the water. Its all about the properties of water!

What about these ideas.

Shields take damage due to water, call it what you want. they can be alien technology that was designed for space not H2O.

Spherical shields are rendered inoperable in water, only the mag shield is not inoperable, but all shields will STILL give tanks additional health.

Fuel is used at 2X regular rate in water

Weapons effectiveness is altered. Lets be serious. If napalm no longer works, then what else would not work? rollers need to stop rolling under water on the flat for instance.

add a few underwater specialty weapons to the mix

Willis
    Participant

Regarding water n health – .. ya know my love on DH’s and how I use them. I carpet bomb and area taking out horrificly large amounts of land.

If I wanted to almost secure ur demise I could purposely aim low and instead of trying to target people, target the land below them (a much more vast and easy target). Let 6 people drop into water after move 1 or 2. Then let nature do the rest.

It wouldnt be so nasty if there was a way to get *out* of the water, but as is there is none. Becuase fuel does not work within water.

BOY
    Participant

this is exactly the kind of thing I would really hate to see, but yes, it would be inevitable, as stratagy would basically call for it from time to time

Deathstryker
    Participant

So I guess it’s settled then. Tank restriction in water will remain.

However I just hope that the restriction is refined a bit in the new version because accepting a fuel move and not moving the player during the shot period because of the water is not acceptible.

Sondra
    Participant

Question:

Since when the tank is a submarine?? 😉 😉 😆

But I’de like a super fuel to run away from your DH’s William ;P

Deathstryker
    Participant

@sondra wrote:

Question:

Since when the tank is a submarine?? 😉 😉 😆

But I’de like a super fuel to run away from your DH’s William ;P

That reminds of last night when you were running away and I shot you with a straight shot 1000 power Baby Nuke. Didn’t kill you though, took out like 50% of your health and you were still running out of the crater, lol. But I eventually got you.

Sondra
    Participant

Thats why I WANT the super fuel 8) 8)

Deathstryker
    Participant

@sondra wrote:

Thats why I WANT the super fuel 8) 8)

Go ahead and contribute to the consumption of the last bit of natural resources we have, but if people ask me why we are paying $2.50 for a gallon of gas, I’m gonna point my finger at you! Then you’ll have an angry mob after your tank and you’re gonna need that super fuel… Unless you CBX. 😀

Deathstryker
    Participant

Change “OK” button in server browser to “Join”. I think this would be a lot more clear to new people who have never played before.

But that’s not the main reason. For some reason I’m always so close to pressing that “ok” button to get out of the server browser, I guess because I’m so used to pressing the “ok” button on those Windows dialogue messages. Changing it to Join would prevent that.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Something small I noticed. There’s no space between the “:” and bot speech when they talk as there is with players.

Also there’s a typo on the tooltip for the option “remove bots after players”. It has “remvoing”.

EDIT: Alright! 800 posts! I’m now the uber elite spammer! Sure, Gavin has more posts than me, but compare how many of his posts that are useful to mine, heheh.

Viewing 10 posts - 91 through 100 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.