This topic contains 98 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Deathstryker 12 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

DeVice
    Participant

@antivert wrote:

Hello. I’m using FreeBSD 5.3-stable with the newest nvidia drivers for my geforce fx 5600.

I’m sometimes getting crashes when loading the next round when playing online with 38.1b, compiled from the 38.1b source downloaded from the site. I didn’t have this problem with version 38 and my current settings. Thanks.

Oooh another FreeBSD user, me feeling not alone now 🙂

Participant

@SGT Spazz wrote:

PS: I’m not sure if Appollo will read this or not. I’m not even sure this is the right place to post this but I feel I must say something. I was playing with “1” today; and something fishy was going on. A guy by the name of Dr Evil was also on who had 4 round wins with no kills. It seemed that when all others were dead they (him and “1”) would just skip turns so both would win. Later when MOM came into the game; a much better player than myself, he did manage to kill “1”. on the very next round Dr Evil, who again had not had a kill up to this point, hits MOM on the first shot with a funky bomb killing him. Strange; I;ll let those reading be the judge. My father got me started on this game and rarely plays anymore because of all the stuff going on with players such as this. How sad is this. Well I got all of this off my chest and feel a little better but am sure I’ll pay for opening my mouth. Thanks for listening and Mr. Camp I’m so sorry that actions of a few are runing this wnderful game you’ve created.

LOL!!! LOL LOL LOL! Look at this good puppy.I hope Apollo read this and say “thanks!” to you.I have log of this game and can SHOW you it.Doctor EVIL is a newb,who was covered with dirt all rounds to get win and gain money.So i skip moves when it was only me and evil…

p.s.Hate peoples like this…Such ass lickers and “6” .

DeVice
    Participant

@1 wrote:

Please watch your langage, in the forums just like in the game.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@1 wrote:

@SGT Spazz wrote:

PS: I’m not sure if Appollo will read this or not. I’m not even sure this is the right place to post this but I feel I must say something. I was playing with “1” today; and something fishy was going on. A guy by the name of Dr Evil was also on who had 4 round wins with no kills. It seemed that when all others were dead they (him and “1”) would just skip turns so both would win. Later when MOM came into the game; a much better player than myself, he did manage to kill “1”. on the very next round Dr Evil, who again had not had a kill up to this point, hits MOM on the first shot with a funky bomb killing him. Strange; I;ll let those reading be the judge. My father got me started on this game and rarely plays anymore because of all the stuff going on with players such as this. How sad is this. Well I got all of this off my chest and feel a little better but am sure I’ll pay for opening my mouth. Thanks for listening and Mr. Camp I’m so sorry that actions of a few are runing this wnderful game you’ve created.

LOL!!! LOL LOL LOL! Look at this good puppy.I hope Apollo read this and say “thanks!” to you.I have log of this game and can SHOW you it.Doctor EVIL is a newb,who was covered with dirt all rounds to get win and gain money.So i skip moves when it was only me and evil…

You don’t like making friends, do you 1.

antivert
    Participant

@gcamp wrote:

Can you post a stack trace.

Sure thing! I noticed something that could be a problem, libGL.so was using an older version of libm.so. So I’ve fixed that problem, re-downloaded the newest Scorched 3D sources, and I’m recompiling now.

If I still have the problem, I’ll post the stack trace here. Thanks for your interest. =)

DeVice: Hello fellow FreeBSD user! 🙂

EDIT:

Well! It looks like it’s not crashing anymore, so it possibly may have been the libm.so thing. Sorry for prematurely posting something about the crashes. If I start seeing it again, I’ll be sure to get a stack trace for you.

I did notice another bit of oddness though, I use a couple other SDL things also. For some reason, Scorched 3D would run and I could hear the “pop” of audio initializing, but Scorched would have no sound. Afterward, every other program that uses SDL could also not use audio, but anything non-SDL could. If I restarted the X server, SDL could use audio again until I ran scorched 3D. The weird part is, today Scorched 3D audio is just fine, with no system changes. I’m thinking it’s an SDL problem of some sort.

Just thought I’d mention it in case it comes up later! Everything seems to be working fine here again, which is *great*. Time to play!! 😀

hobbesme
    Participant

@1 wrote:

@gcamp wrote:

You don’t like making friends, do you 1.

I thought people this ridiculously, over-the-top anti-social existed only on bad TV.
    Apparently they spawn online too.

I met a LOT of losers at college but even the worst wasn’t as pathetically & intentionally & ridiculously mean-spirited.

I’d say “grow up”, but it’s too much fun to read all your melodrama!
    Thanks for the laughs. 😮

Deathstryker
    Participant

Here’s a suggestion. Just a small one. Change the message when someone fails to buy something to “Player failed to buy” as opposed to “Player failed to make a move”

Deathstryker
    Participant

Found an issue probably not specific to this version. If there is land behind the top buttons and you click one of those buttons not only will it expand the button options but also your view will move to the place you clicked.

Also, when you are able to select your player name and things but are unable to join the current round you should still be listed as a Spectator and not (Dead)

Willis
    Participant

Deathstryker, personally I’d like to keep spectating mode elite in what it means. If anything instead of “Dead” say “Waiting“.

Deathstryker
    Participant

Well what are you doing while waiting Willis? SPECTATING. Come on Willis there is no need to get picky here.

Willis
    Participant

Theres a drastic difference.

A person could be spectating for multiple rounds – waiting for a game to complete.

“Waiting” or “Dead” (and your saying I’m picky? 😉 ) would be at that active time-period when they finaly get off spectating mode.

Also to comment on a prior of your posts:

Player failed to buy

Who says I failed to buy? So I sold everything and bought my trademark Death Head, but forgot to hit the finished button. Wanna bet your life I didn’t buy anything? You’ll loose that bet 😈

Player failed to complete buy — thats much more accurate 🙄

Deathstryker
    Participant

Being picky again, I see.

A person could be spectating for multiple rounds – waiting for a game to complete.

And? I still don’t see why that’s important enough to label it differently. Bottom line is spectating is what they will be doing until they get in the game and that is still truer than being “Dead”.

jdog
    Participant

I found an interesting problem if you play on a sever with an older version of a mod you have in your globlemod folder, the next time you try to play with that mod offline you will be using the mod in the .scorch/mod (online mod) folder.

I trying out my mod to see how it working and the game downloaded the older version then I had(been workin on it), I had modified some things in the mod and was going to test them but the game was going to the .scorch/mod/jdog accessories.xml file from the server in stead of the one in the globlemod/jdog folder.

I deleted the folder from the .scorch/mod/jdog and it solved the problem but why does the game first look in the .scorch/mod folders and why does it use only part of the files?

M. O.
    Participant

@jdog wrote:

I found an interesting problem if you play on a sever with an older version of a mod you have in your globlemod folder, the next time you try to play with that mod offline you will be using the mod in the .scorch/mod (online mod) folder.

I trying out my mod to see how it working and the game downloaded the older version then I had(been workin on it), I had modified some things in the mod and was going to test them but the game was going to the .scorch/mod/jdog accessories.xml file from the server in stead of the one in the globlemod/jdog folder.

I deleted the folder from the .scorch/mod/jdog and it solved the problem but why does the game first look in the .scorch/mod folders and why does it use only part of the files?

Yeah I had just uploaded the file to the server and was switching it out when you connected it. I hadn’t had time to restart the server yet. after I restarted it it uploaded the new files to my puter and all is good.

jdog
    Participant

but the game shouldn’t use (mod folder)files for the online play when your not playing online it should use the globlemods folder. If you have played on line and have the mod in your globle mods folder it will parts from both for some reason.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 100 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.