This topic contains 17 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BOY 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

imported_gcamp
    Participant

A new tournament has been approved.
    Tournament “2009 Deadliest Players” starts on the 17 Dec 09.
    tournamentview.php?t=43

Rommel
    Participant

It has already started?

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I fear this is just how you want skill to be calculated as opposed to the current system, making either this trophy pointless or the ranks points.

You can’t give out the same award for the same thing just calulated differently.

BOY
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

I fear this is just how you want skill to be calculated as opposed to the current system, making either this trophy pointless or the ranks points.

You can’t give out the same award for the same thing just calulated differently.

No, it is not the same thing. IMO this does represent some of the things that a skill calculation should cover. My dislike of the skill system is well documented….. Anyway, also NO, it makes nothing pointless, unless, to you, (if you are so rigid) only count one single method of stat whoring as the right one.

What this does, is it gives players a chance to get a reward for excellent stats, even if they don’t have time to put in thousands of kills. The system as it is simply adds to your skill gradually as you get more kills.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@boy wrote:

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

No, it is not the same thing. IMO this does represent some of the things that a skill calculation should cover. My dislike of the skill system is well documented….. Anyway, also NO, it makes nothing pointless, unless, to you, (if you are so rigid) only count one single method of stat whoring as the right one.

What this does, is it gives players a chance to get a reward for excellent stats, even if they don’t have time to put in thousands of kills. The system as it is simply adds to your skill gradually as you get more kills.

That’s the point, people shouldn’t have to worry about the stats, they should be able to just enjoy the game and let the stats worry about themselves.

If you’re going to have 2 awards from the same stats that’ll reward different players for different abilities, why not just have 2000 awards so everyone can win.
    Isn’t that the American way anyway?

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Pretty sure you are thinking of the Nobel Peace Prize nut.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@pastor of muppets wrote:

Pretty sure you are thinking of the Nobel Peace Prize nut.

Peace?
    Lol, there will never be peace, not until we as a species quit being so damn selfish.

Rommel
    Participant

Perhaps I didn’t structure my question properly.

The initial posting indicates that the contest started in December.

Question 1 : Is the starting date posted correct?

Question 2 : If the answer to question 1 is yes;
    Is a web page available which shows and maintains our current status?

BOY
    Participant

Rom, the tournament was submitted in December, I’m unclear as to why that date appears. The reality is though, that the starting day is, in fact, DAY 1 of the current stats series. Indeed, wholely unfair, and unprofessional…. all this time, they didn’t know they were in a stats race!!!

Peanut, people USED to be nuts about stats, and I feel that they should be again. Now… whenever a stats race goes for A FULL YEAR, there needs to be something to keep people interested in gettings stats, and hence… PLAYING MORE.

Besides that, arguing that people should not care about stats, is about the dumbest thing, well, ever. Anyone who doesn’t care about stats, can…. NOT LOOK AT THEM!!! But, to humor you, if you can show no one really does care, we won’t do another one of these again.

p’nut.. have you been rejected by a woman lately? Your attitude really has gone in the tank 😉

BOY
    Participant

btw, it is worth noting that the score system was changed some time after I submitted this tournament… I hadn’t a clue when or if it would be approved, or if a stats series change was imminent.

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

I gave up on being rejected many years ago, I’m just a bitter, not yet middle aged, man now.

Thanks for humouring me tho, just a shame, it really didn’t work! ! !Bah humbug!

Laptops Daddy
    Participant

i didnt even see the post.

i dont think we have enough players at the mo for a tournament, do we?

i dont want to jinx it, but, is it me or has there been slightly more activity on the servers this last week or so?

PeanutsRevenge
    Participant

@laptops Daddy wrote:

i didnt even see the post.

i dont think we have enough players at the mo for a tournament, do we?

i dont want to jinx it, but, is it me or has there been slightly more activity on the servers this last week or so?

It’s not a tournament, just a trophy giving thing from the servers stats

BOY
    Participant

@peanutsrevenge wrote:

@laptops Daddy wrote:

i
    It’s not a tournament, just a trophy giving thing from the servers stats

That is exactly right, and currently there are only two memeber signed up. If you believe your stats to be pretty good, please sign up, I will award the best three tourny members with the trophys so long as thier in the top players and of course… THEY REGISTER. I will close this tournament in a week or two so hurry up.

Rommel
    Participant

Hi BOY :

Thank you for the update. Registration being required was news to me and perhaps to others as well.

Rommel, won’t be playing in this series and the chart shooters that have been using my machine lately, although likely to be in the running for the trophy, are not allowed to have accounts here and can not register. It’s confusing enough without having them posting too.

Good luck to you all, but in all honesty, I’d like to see Legion get it.
    After all, he is the one that convinced me to open an account here
    and in spite of my initial resistance or the motivation, I’ve had a great
    time here with you all.

Sincerely,

Rommel

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)

The forum ‘news’ is closed to new topics and replies.