This topic contains 5 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Panther30 12 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

apache64d
    Participant

1. The new patch didn’t solved the crashing problem. The game still crashes (not just for me..).
    2. The shields are too powerfull and the Force Shield is also too big.

comments?

apache

poolee
    Participant

Hi all

I like the new shields, though maybe they are now too cheap. Something that good should be out of the price range of the average user… perhaps heavy shields should start at 50K plus?

Interestingly, heavy rollers fired directly at a heavy shield will kill outright most of the time 🙂 Force shields should become the creme-de-la-creme of shields… perhaps even 70K?

Though I noticed that rollers rolling against a heavy shield do nothing at all… I would like to see individual rollers exploding when they hit something other than ground – contact, BANG! that would make them more effective against shields except for the magnetic shields, where they should roll right under and hot the tank.

Just my thoughts 🙂

Cheers
    Poolee

Participant

@poolee wrote:

Just my thoughts 🙂

Please stay with them on single player 🙂 New shields really crash all gameplay and must be returned in old condition.Now i can see few winners per round,because they cant KILL each other…This make me…you know. 🙄

groovetube
    Participant

There is no need to increase the cost of the shields; most of the stuff is too expensive already. It’s no funt to play if you can’t buy anything, ie-the main scorched3d arena. I like the Shockmod server because at least you get some startup money. Either the price needs to come down, or startup money goes up. Mind as well play at the Missle range.

Shark
    Participant

Gavin from a thread a bit further down:
    @gcamp wrote:

Yes I have rebalanced the shields. In my opinion the force shields are actualy worth the money over the other shields now.

Tell you what give it a week and if you still think it is a bit harse I can change it back. Although it is more true to the original.

My personal take on it: As it is now, I like the shields from 38.0 better. I never thought they were overpriced. Actually, it was my impression that they were better than the ordinary shields. And though you had better chances of surviving, a well-placed shot could still destroy it. Meaning you were never entirely safe from anyone, even if they only had small weapons.
    With the new ones, you nearly only have to worry about larger weapons. Little weapon’s blast radius isn’t large enough to reach the tank from outside the shield, meaning no damage on blast if I’ve understood the game mechanics correctly.

But I’m willing to give it that week’s chance. Partly because it forces me to rethink general game strategies… Using stuff like nukes and heavy rollers suddenly make sense. There’s a reason to want to buy those things now, without damaging my integrity as a precision-shooting player… 😉

On the other hand, it sort of sucks for people who isn’t a moneygrubber like I’ve become recently (and which some other people has been for a long time). They will stand virtually no chance in the later parts of the game, when the rich players buy shields, does a massacre on the guys without shields, and then turn to each other…

But I say okay. Let’s go through a week and decide on it then. Maybe we’ll end up deciding on a compromise or some such thing.

imported_gcamp
    Participant

@apache64d wrote:

1. The new patch didn’t solved the crashing problem. The game still crashes (not just for me..).
    2. The shields are too powerfull and the Force Shield is also too big.

comments?

apache

What are you/others doing when it crashes?

Panther30
    Participant

@1 wrote:

@poolee wrote:

Just my thoughts 🙂

Please stay with them on single player 🙂 New shields really crash all gameplay and must be returned in old condition.Now i can see few winners per round,because they cant KILL each other…This make me…you know. 🙄

wanna puke..?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.