This topic contains 68 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  BigBear 10 years, 4 months ago.

  • Author
    Posts
  • #35079

    Deathbal
    Participant

    The biggest annoyance is when a new person comes in, buys 2-4 funkies in the 2nd round, runs out of money by the 5th, then RQ’s.

    Will people switch to hogs if funkies are say…..25-30k? I doubt it. Baby hogs are 20k, regular hogs 30k, and heavys 37k. But at least funkies won’t overwhelm the game.

    People will of course oppose any change to funkies because they are a bargain. If funkies were 8k for 2, you’d get even more opposition to any change.

    #35080

    Ebonite
    Participant

    Does anyone else see this as a result of focus on kills instead of game-play?

    I’m just saying…

    #35081

    BigBear
    Participant

    @ebonite² wrote:

    Does anyone else see this as a result of focus on kills instead of game-play?

    I’m just saying…

    I couldn’t care less if ppl go for kills or not. If anything the funkies makes alternative strategies (like trying to stay alive) almost impossible to implement. If not for the funkies MUCH fewer ppl would get one shot one kill every single round. That is the real problem imo.

    @deathbal wrote:

    The biggest annoyance is when a new person comes in, buys 2-4 funkies in the 2nd round, runs out of money by the 5th, then RQ’s.

    That happens waaaaaaaaaay too often. Interestingly enough there are some good players that complain about the game getting a bit boring that will do just that.

    @deathbal wrote:

    Will people switch to hogs if funkies are say…..25-30k? I doubt it. Baby hogs are 20k, regular hogs 30k, and heavys 37k. But at least funkies won’t overwhelm the game.

    The price for heavy hogs will soon go down since nobody uses them atm. The prices for hogs vs. shields are not balanced at all which would need to be adressed (I am talking about base prices). Regular hogs are 6 k/piece which is cheap enough for people to go for them if the funkies are made “undesireable” since 30 k for a pack of 6 is the upper capped price.

    @deathbal wrote:

    People will of course oppose any change to funkies because they are a bargain. If funkies were 8k for 2, you’d get even more opposition to any change.

    I would certainly hope not and dare anyone to say anything different than that funkies completely rule the game at the present.

    #35082

    JiNx
    Participant

    ooo just a dar or a double dare

    FUNKYS DONT RULE ( looks at bb and see’s )

    ok i lied funkys have gone totaly out of control from round 7 you can expect evronetbe chucking funky and he las few rounds arent fun or tactial so it comes down to who wins most early rounds now and i start seeing funkys in round two

    i know gavin is looking at the free market thing and o look forward to the day that funkys are 30 t0 40 000 to buy then the game will return oto the old tactical batles of the past

    #35083

    Thrax
    Participant

    @ebonite² wrote:

    Does anyone else see this as a result of focus on kills instead of game-play?

    I’m just saying…

    lets take a look at the settings for mains.
    Main-Server

    MONEYWONFORROUND 3000
    MONEYWONFORLIVES 5000
    MONEYWONPERKILLPOINT 750
    MONEYWONPERMULTIKILLPOINT 0
    MONEYWONPERASSISTPOINT 250
    MONEYWONPERHITPOINT 500
    MONEYPERROUND 0
    MONEYPERHEALTHPOINT on

    lets see,
    a player surviving the round gets 3000 + 5000.
    a player that kills, gets 750 x 10(weaponlevel of bbm) = 7500
    a player that doesn’t kill gets ((500 x weaponlevel) x damage)/100)
    — maximum 99hp at level 10 would give 4950

    so a player that wins, gets max 15500 for 1 kill, plus the 30% interest on that alone; 20150…
    a player that hits for only 99hp gets max 4950, doesn’t win, and gets a kick in the head for his effort.

    #35084

    BOY
    Participant

    @ebonite² wrote:

    Does anyone else see this as a result of focus on kills instead of game-play?

    I’m just saying…

    kills ARE game play.

    #35085

    Deathbal
    Participant

    BTW, Bigbear and Jock……both of you use funkies far more than i do 😆

    #35086

    naka
    Participant

    The current price cap of 18000 is fine. It seems that ppl complained about funkies not because price or gameplay, but just because they got killed.

    Everry weapon has it speccial purpose, so depending on situation you can shoot; funky instead of DH, MIRV instead of funky, roller instead of funky and etc. There is NO reason to shoot funky every shoot.

    Funkies are tricky weapon. At force 4 and 5 killing with funky is not so easy. There is only one limited spot on the ground that must be hit to get a kill.

    #35087

    Deathbal
    Participant

    @naka wrote:

    The current price cap of 18000 is fine. It seems that ppl complained about funkies not because price or gameplay, but just because they got killed.

    But it all goes back to price. They complain because they got killed with a very powerful, inexpensive weapon. And if 18k is fine, then a lot of other weapons are too expensive.

    But I agree with your other points. In strong wind, thats when i see a lot of funky misses. And yes, there are times when a funky is not the best weapon to use, but those times are rare. In most cases, a funky works best.

    #35088

    BigBear
    Participant

    @deathbal wrote:

    BTW, Bigbear and Jock……both of you use funkies far more than i do 😆

    I already knew that. Sadly I was one of the early “funky freaks” who helped make funkies as popular as they are today. 🙁 That doesn’t mean I like it any better where the style of gameplay has ended up today.

    @naka wrote:

    The current price cap of 18000 is fine. It seems that ppl complained about funkies not because price or gameplay, but just because they got killed.

    Are you kidding? Have you read ANY of the recent posts on this topic? If you disagree that is one thing, but claiming that people are whining JUST because they get killed is a petty and insulting argument. Very dissapointing I have to say.

    @naka wrote:

    Everry weapon has it speccial purpose, so depending on situation you can shoot; funky instead of DH, MIRV instead of funky, roller instead of funky and etc. There is NO reason to shoot funky every shoot.

    You are completely missing the point. Since funkies are so cheap people won’t care if it is necessary or not and many players are now using them every round they can afford them, since it’s mostly the best way to ensure a kill.

    @naka wrote:

    Funkies are tricky weapon. At force 4 and 5 killing with funky is not so easy. There is only one limited spot on the ground that must be hit to get a kill.

    Are you seriously proposing that other weapons are easier to kill with in most situations in a high wind? If so I have to say that I disagree. They are not always the best option, we can agree on that much. However even in strong winds they often are just as lethal, especially when you can do a direct shot.

Viewing 10 posts - 61 through 70 (of 70 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.