This topic contains 31 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Levi the Oracle 7 years, 7 months ago.

• Author

Levi the Oracle
    Participant

On May 9th (Mothers Day) I will be running three tournament events.

• Event #1 0800 CST 1400 GMT
    • Event #2 1200 CST 1800 GMT
    • Event #3 1600 CST 2200 GMT

These events will be Double Elimination Pro-Am DYP format. Specifically, registered players will be divided into two groups by rank. The higher ranked players will be in the Pro group, lower in the Amateur. I will then draw one name from each group and they will be partners.

We will play 2v2 matches. Each match will be two out of three. We will use a double elimination bracket system, so even if you lose your first match, you are not out of the tournament until you lose two matches.

I will take suggestions on how I should do money or what mod to use, I want to be as flexible as possible in this regard. I will be hosting at least one room myself for this event. I want to recruit at least one other host to run an additional tournament server.

My previous events did not provide much notice. Therefore I am providing two weeks notice this time in the hopes more players will participate. I am hoping to make this the first annual S3D tournament.

I will be awarding points to players for participation and achievement, and based on that, I will award an overall winner who will receive a virtual trophy. 1 point is awarded to a player each time his name or his team name appears on the bracket. If you participate in all three tournaments you would get a minimum of six points. Each time you advance up the bracket, you get an additional point. The maximum number of points that could be earned is dependent on the number of players. This allows a person to win the overall event (and the trophy) just by participating.

Please use this thread to register. Just state which event or events you would like to participate in. Be sure to Check-in on this thread 30 minutes before the start time of your event(s) to verify that you are ready to play. Players that register but fail to Check-in prior to the start time of the event are not included in the draw.

ArmorWraith
    Participant

I will try to be there Levi,

Have you had any suggestions or requests yet?
    If not, I would reccomend Merge.
    (ask thrax about how he hosts his server settings)
    Its the most complete and comprehensive mod on S3D and requires skill and tactical thinking. I am sure if you pop into his server every now and then, youll find his mod has alot of active players, just make them aware of your tourney.

* also in someone should ask Belzebub in Raptor server if he’d like to play, i believe if he played merge (with enough practice learning the weaps) he’d be close to my skill level. 😀

Good Luck! 😀
    Kanga

pastor of muppets
    Participant

Won’t be attending this one Levi unless I want to be divorced from my wife and disowned by my mommy!

Keep the tourneys rolling though i’m bound to make one of them sooner or later.

DiaryOfDreams
    Participant

I play the first event. And i think the other 2 events too 🙂

=D> =D>

Loke
    Participant

Good initiative Levi, Ill see if I can make it.

Loke;)

BOY
    Participant

being that Mothers day includes activities, and exclusiv devotion to the mother of my children, I might get killed for playing. Do not count on me, but as always, should the desperate need arise to fill a spot on a game that needs only one player, call me.

Mcb Lover
    Participant

ow, fresh meat…see you soon guys

DiaryOfDreams
    Participant

ready

Levi the Oracle
    Participant

It is currently 1.5 hours until the start of event #1.

By my reckoning, the players that expressed an interest in event #1 were:

Kangabunny
    DiaryOfDreams
    Loke
    Mcb Lover

These players need to “Check-in” 30 minutes before the start of the event. Registration is still open so feel free to post a note on this thread and I will get you in.

Levi the Oracle
    Participant

@diaryofdreams wrote:

ready

You need to post a “ready” within 30 minutes of the start time of the event. I can’t check you in until then, but it’s good that you are ready early.

Perhaps you can recruit some more players, if anyone is available on any of the servers and you are so inclined.

Levi the Oracle
    Participant

The first event will begin in 1 hour and 15 minutes.

Levi the Oracle
    Participant

The first event begins in 1 hour.

I am working on a special temporary merge server for a 2v2 tournament. It is currently hosted, although password protected. Please feel free to check the rules, because I am not sure I have it set up properly.

The password is, in all lower case and without the quotes, “moag”, the abbreviation for mother of all games.

Loke
    Participant

I tried to log on, but there was an error.

DiaryOfDreams
    Participant

yes the same on my machine

Levi the Oracle
    Participant

Sorry about the error, please try again.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 33 total)

The forum ‘tournaments’ is closed to new topics and replies.