This topic contains 31 replies, has 0 voices, and was last updated by  Reactorfighter 12 years, 8 months ago.

• Author

Willis
    Participant

I’ve asked before regarding multiple logins.. Gavin said it should not be possible from the same IP address. Wether or not this is as beliveable as it sounds (aka.. loopholes??) I dont know.

10-15 min delays.. I’d suggest if anything.. if a person gets lag kicked, 5 min. If a person leaves voulenteerly.. 10 min. This is really just the length (5min) of a long round.. or a short round depending on your viewpoint. I suggest 5 min for a lag kick because, the fact of them leaving was not of thier control.

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

I’m thinking that a lag kick isn’t the same as quitting out, so perhaps the server recognizes the [esc] + quit command as being just that.

There are a lot of people around that would rather un-plug their modem and get lag kicked that way as well, ala (Madden online).

There may always be loop holes. What I’m saying is why tolerate it from the people that continuosly use it to frustrate other players and use the loop holes to their own advantage?

If anyone quits out upon being injured in the first round (then rejoins) for the purpose to either stack their own stats or deny another player’s stats, there should be a penalty enforced.

Maybe… a Mid round quit out should be considered a -2 or -3 to your total kills???

If you fire a shot in any round, that should be an obligation to either finish out that round or be penalized for participating in it if you “intentionally” quit out.

I’ve quit out in mid round, but never have I done so with the intent to come right back and rub peoples noses in it. I guess we realize that certain players quite enjoy the rubbing of the noses in it.

If the actions of the players don’t bring about actions taken by the administrators, (if the admins are absent) then the game should be set up to penalize the player by recognizing the quit command as what the majority of players use it for.

Thanks for your reply Willis,

Apollo

Reactorfighter
    Participant

Shark, you just be silent ๐Ÿ˜›
    Your soul will be mine! ๐Ÿ˜ˆ :))
    I don’t know who is that pathetic little wimp, but he should be treated like that Scott Joplin-guy…cheaters and asslickers are not welcomed among the real gamers.

If somebody can’t swallow that he also can be killed, he also can lose, not only win, then he should play with Prehistorik 2 or Commander Keen 3 I guess…That another wimp Scott Joplin was also swearing all the time, and he got banned. Very well, haw haw haw haaaaaw! If we spot a cheater, track’em down, and give him his well-deserved punishment.

Die Hard
    Participant

Just to inform someone took my name some days ago…

Reactorfighter
    Participant

Die Hard, you’re ABSOLUTELY right! (but your soul will still be MINE, haw haw haaawww!) ๐Ÿ˜ˆ I’m tired of those stupid jokes, when some asslicker kids uses our nickname to swear and screw around in the battlefields, and we get banned, because of “swearing”. Dirty little thing, izn’t it?
    I suggest the following modifications:

1) Somehow, the Scorched3D (Player Stats,No Bots) server should ask
    password from those users,who are registered here. In this way, there is no opportunity for the geeks to took our name and use it wrong.

2) I don’t suggest the IP-address verify. For example,I have dynamical IP-address, its changing could stir up some sh_t.

3) Gavin’s idea about moderators was a very fine idea, I like it so much ๐Ÿ™‚ If somebody swears or uses the Funky bomb cheat, the moderator warns him, and after that….kick! ๐Ÿ™‚ This also works great in chats, I guess moderators could deal with these “hyperf_ckers”.

We suspected this will happen sooner or later. Schorched3D proved to be a TOWERING game, it attracts many people. There might be a lot of pathetic little wimps among the nice people located in the game. They always oath, and now, they’ll start to screw around with our nicknames.

A reminder: If somebody suspect there is a player with stolen nickname in the battlefield (for example: a fake Apollo Tangent), try to acquire his IP-address, and we’ll have a little FUN with him ๐Ÿ™‚ ๐Ÿ™‚

A reminder #2: Just you wait, Die Hard ๐Ÿ™‚ Your soul will be mine!

cbx550f
    Participant

I’d just like to go on record as STRONGLY opposing anything like delays after a lag kick or refusing multiple (concurrent) connections from one IP. A lag kick can happen to anyone, and imagine your frustration if you got lag kicked, had to wait 5 minutes, and then getting back in, buying your stuff, aiming, and then being kicked again for another 5 minutes! I know that I, for one, would be seriously frustrated by that.

As for the multiple connections on one IP: Now and again I like to have a friend play on one pc and myself on the other (it’s loads of fun! We usually set it up so we can’t see who the other is aiming at). If I was no longer able to do that, I would be quite disappointed.

As for the idea of a ten or fifteen minute delay after a quit – Nope, I don’t like that either. If I have to get up to answer the door I’ll usually quit, and if it only takes me a minute at the door, I’d like to get right back to the scorching. ๐Ÿ˜‰

The above is (obviously) just my opinion, but I just hope that in trying to change things to avoid occasional frustrations we don’t cause other frustrations to users.

My 2ยข ๐Ÿ˜‰

Cheers!

Anonymous
    Participant

Remember my post about not fair game?Here is a quote from it:

@1 wrote:

I think there is no reason to be 1st ranked on this server,because every newb cant get 1st place by kills and last place by skill (cheers Apollo)…But i want to be 1st and i will.So dont worry everybody, you can relax and shoot at me funkies or DH on 1st move of every round because i like to feel how chickens trying to make me loose.

There was few chickens,who began all this sh*t.It was “Make Mine Decapitated” (as Apollo Tangent said,his alternate account) and “Rudger Hauer” (dont really know who is it…some newb,who hate me).So this guys began this trick with funky every first move….

The fact what Make Mine Decapitated was Apollo Tangent made me really mad.So now he feel this sh*t on his own skin…

to Apollo
    Stop this scream of a little girl,have some balls.You began this and you can finish this…Just say “Im sorry” and i will forgive you….maybe ๐Ÿ˜†

p.s. Lol,Apollo,your list with 12 points is very funny ๐Ÿ˜† Everybody know what i am cheater,spamer,game hacker,double logger,rude IP flooder ect…But now i (and maybe others too) see who are YOU….pfff

Have a nice gameplay all ๐Ÿ™‚

Anonymous
    Participant

Sob….sniffle…sob…weep…’grabs hanky blows nose’

Apollo forgive YOU!! The utter audacity of that post. YOU OWE US AN APOLOGY,ALL OF US! COLLECTIVELY

You sniveling little piece of dingo crap. I’ll make sure satan himself does double time on your sorry excuse of a soul.

I’ll never forgive you for what you said. Hiding behind a nickname like the coward you are. Why don’t you just come out and say who you are.

You’ve never once said your sorry. Ever.

If there was a true God he would let me meet you in person some day so I could teach you a little manners.

And again, cudos for the 60 second english course your taking.

I’ll apollogize while scrapping your ‘insert body part here’ off my boot.

“Life is wasted on the living, and theres alot of wastes in life.”

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

1 wrote:

I think there is no reason to be 1st ranked on this server,because every newb cant get 1st place by kills and last place by skill (cheers Apollo)…But i want to be 1st and i will.So dont worry everybody, you can relax and shoot at me funkies or DH on 1st move of every round because i like to feel how chickens trying to make me loose.

There was few chickens,who began all this sh*t.It was “Make Mine Decapitated” (as Apollo Tangent said,his alternate account) and “Rudger Hauer” (dont really know who is it…some newb,who hate me).So this guys began this trick with funky every first move….

See # 3 from the original post of this thread. Here it is,

3 ) He will amass money from a few rounds to buy funkies, when those funkies are gone, he will quit and log in on an alternate account and buy more funkies to single people out. After that he will duck out again immediately or wait until he is injured and quit out.

Then refer to this link as a prime example, the highlights of this game are underlined and bold faced for everyone’s review.

http://groups.msn.com/Scorched3D/documents.msnw?fc_a=0&fc_p=%2FLog%5FFiles

Apollo

imported_gcamp
    Participant

Then refer to this link as a prime example, the highlights of this game are underlined and bold faced for everyone’s review.

That player does appear to be 1.

Willis
    Participant

These childish games are going on far too long.

I figure there are 3 things to being a good scorched player:

1) Skills — Can you shoot the target?
    2) Personality — Are you friendly, agreeable, able to play with?
    3) Trust — Can we trust you not to pull dirty underhanded stunts?

You have the first, but you’ve been complained about the second constantly, and we have proof your not being lagit regarding the third. ‘1’, we know your multi-aliasing and we know your just singling out people for vengence.

If proven problems continue ‘1’, consider me to be first in line to make an admin blow. First, Final, ONLY warning.

DeVice
    Participant

@Apollo Tangent wrote:

msn requires me a login to access that ressource.
    I don’t have one and don’t wanna create one.

Willis
    Participant

Device, I took a copy of it and uploaded to another location:
    http://directgames.net/clanpages/willis/scorched/ApolloLog.doc

Enjoy,

DeVice
    Participant

Thank you, Willis.

Apollo Tangent
    Participant

Thanks for putting it in a more convenient location Willis.

The multi-aliasing issue becomes more relevant as the days go on.

I originally made my alternate to relax. I do not appreciate it being stolen, no matter who steals it… It can be used as a tool to defame the original user that originated it.

The players who are active in the community know better though.

Apollo

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 33 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.